Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nemesis 30th May 2011 06:55 PM

Papillon blu
Grand Prix blu
Cross of Iron blu
Short night of the glass dolls
The Kingdom 1+2

antmumford 30th May 2011 07:27 PM

Blimey, Kelly just bought me Machete (Steelbook), Scott Pilgrim (HMV Exclusive), Human Planet and Gone with the Wind all on Blu-ray. I asked why and she said it's cos she loves me...... I must be doing something right :eyebrows:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th May 2011 07:46 PM

Whatever it is you've been doing, don't stop as you don't want to derail the gravy train!

Prince_Vajda 30th May 2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 154505)
Blimey, Kelly just bought me Machete (Steelbook), Scott Pilgrim (HMV Exclusive), Human Planet and Gone with the Wind all on Blu-ray. I asked why and she said it's cos she loves me...... I must be doing something right :eyebrows:

You lucky bastard! :happy:

Hey, that reminds me of buying Machete. Still had no time (or no money? :lol:) to pick it up.

Greetings!

antmumford 31st May 2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 154512)
You lucky bastard! :happy:

Hey, that reminds me of buying Machete. Still had no time (or no money? :lol:) to pick it up.

Greetings!

Well according to Kelly the Steelbooks only £10.99 at the moment in HMV. Bloody bargain really!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st May 2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 154609)
Well according to Kelly the Steelbooks only £10.99 at the moment in HMV. Bloody bargain really!

What's a bargain -- the Steelbooks or Kelly?!

Prince_Vajda 31st May 2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 154614)
What's a bargain -- the Steelbooks or Kelly?!

Most certainly both. :p

Forgive me father, for I have sinned - but I couldn't resist the temptation. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

Hereby I confess to having ordered the following:
- The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (Arrow Blu-ray)
- Pervert!
- The Witchfinder General (Blu-ray)
- His Kind of Woman (DVD; starring two of my all-time favourite actors/actresses: Vincent Price and Jane Russell :rockon:)

It is a pity - my wallet is screaming in agony. :eek:

But as Marcel Pagnol's César rightly says: Si les péchés faisaient souffrir quand on les fait, nous serions tous des saints. ;)

Greetings!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st May 2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 154616)
But as Marcel Pagnol's César rightly says: Si les péchés faisaient souffrir quand on les fait, nous serions tous des saints. ;)

Blimey, you're really testing my GCSE French! Does that translate roughly as:

If we suffered for our sins immediately, we would all be saints?

back on topic, I've ordered the following on Blu-ray:

An Education
Milk
Wolf Creek
The Good, The Bad and The Weird
in the Valley of Elah
The Devil's Rejects

All for incely sum of £30 from Amazon.

Prince_Vajda 31st May 2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 154621)
Blimey, you're really testing my GCSE French! Does that translate roughly as:

If we suffered for our sins immediately, we would all be saints?

back on topic, I've ordered the following on Blu-ray:

An Education
Milk
Wolf Creek
The Good, The Bad and The Weird
in the Valley of Elah
The Devil's Rejects

All for incely sum of £30 from Amazon.

You'd still pass your exam with that translation. :clap:
I just love those old black and white movies where dialogues where still dialogues and not that gibberish that you get nowadays. :eyebrows:

The Devil's Rejects is a sick film. That's the only thing I remember from watching it once when it was first released on DVD. But maybe it's about time to rewatch it. ;)

Wolf Creek is one of my favourite modern horror flicks. The leading actor John Jarratt is fantastic - he plays that sadistic sumb*tch in an irresistible way. You'll love him! Watch out for the head on a stick!. :lol:
The Blu is very enjoyable, too - includes all special features of the 2-Disc DVD set and has really great visuals. The sound's only in Dolby Digital, but also very good. For five bucks it's a bargain.

Greetings!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st May 2011 10:48 AM

It's been ages since I last saw The Devil's Rejects but figured I can't really go wrong at that price.

Wolf Creek, on the other hand, is one of my favourite horror films of the last 10 years. Since I only own the unrated R1 DVD with the extended cut, I thought my collection should have both versions. If you are interested, I have reviewed it on my website.