Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 2nd June 2011 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 154847)
Is that the True Blood you ordered from Sainsbury's? If so, is the 20% discount for new customers still on?

yes and nope the offer changed to 20% off CDs not checked to see what its on this week.

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd June 2011 09:39 AM

Grrrrr bloody US companies and their eco cases. Just got Once Upon A Time In the west and the paper sleeve has creases at the edges of the spine and onto the front. Flimsy bloody cases are no damn good! I'm not happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd June 2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 155140)
Grrrrr bloody US companies and their eco cases. Just got Once Upon A Time In the west and the paper sleeve has creases at the edges of the spine and onto the front. Flimsy bloody cases are no damn good! I'm not happy!

Well, that's my enthusiasm for them released officially tempered. Was the damage because of the shrinkwrap, transit or both?

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd June 2011 10:26 AM

I think it's just that the eco-cases are too flimsy to be handled by people who wouldn't be careful with a dvd case. It's the same when I buy a dvd in a shop. Sometimes the way the people handle them when you hand them over to pay for them, makes me want to ask to see them again to make sure they haven't crushed the paper insert through the holes at the top and bottom where a booklet is housed.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd June 2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 155044)
Realised I had just over £3 in my PayPal account today and luckily managed to win this on eBay for £2.95 inc P&P:

http://www.shameless-films.com/wp-co...eve-small.jpeg

What Have They Done to Your Daughters? is one of the best of the first 20 Shameless releases and, for under three quid, is an absolute steal.

PaulD 2nd June 2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 155165)
What Have They Done to Your Daughters? is one of the best of the first 20 Shameless releases and, for under three quid, is an absolute steal.

It's one of the ones I've been dying to see as I love What Have They Done to Solange and, even though I've read this is quite different, I'm really looking forward to it. And, as you say, under £3 is a bargain especially when it was money I didn't realise I had!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd June 2011 10:42 AM

A little off topic, but speaking of money you didn't know you had, I was sorting through some paperwork a few days ago and came across an opened envelope containing a Christmas card.

I was all ready to throw it away when I decided to check who was from, only to find it had a crisp £20 note inside, courtesy of my grandparents! Needless to say, it has already been spent -- the £5 BDs at Amazon saw to that!

oaxaca 2nd June 2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 155140)

I've just placed my order for this, I'm hoping mine has better luck in transit!

Stephen@Cult Labs 2nd June 2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 155172)
I've just placed my order for this, I'm hoping mine has better luck in transit!

What's even more infuriating is that it come in a card slipcover, so it obviously happened before it was placed in there. I'm very, very pernickity about my covers. Knowing my luck, I got the only one and everyone else's will be perfect. Tbh, my BU New York Ripper disc, which also came today with Last Of The Mohicans, was the same! Perhaps the all use the one manufacturing facility. :(

Ken 2nd June 2011 11:41 AM

Just received in the post my order of:

Grindhouse Trailer Classics 1 & 2