Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th June 2011 06:23 PM

That is reasonable considering the cheapest online price is £13.85.

the blob 9th June 2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 156919)
:eek: Say what???? No outer box? Well that's just crazy. :crazy:

You do get these with it though. :D

Haven't unsealed mine yet.. :lol:

Taxi Driver (1976 Martin Scorsese film) for April 5, 2011 - Page 56 - Blu-ray Forum

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th June 2011 06:41 PM

I relieved my art cards of their plastic wrapping when the set arrived as I figured I'm not keeping it to sell on at some point in the future.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th June 2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 156918)
There isn't an outer box! Lol

It's made of some seriously thick sturdy card though.

Not thick enough to stop a .44 Magnum slug though.....:lol:

Prince_Vajda 9th June 2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 156920)
Picked up this beauty today-Odeon have did us proud on the artwork!:cool:

This one's already pre-ordered - I hope it'll arrive some time next week. :woot:

The Wilson Bros have reviewed the Blu-ray of The Witchfinder General - Kev told me that we will find it on DVD Active quite soon! :clap:

Greetings!

PS: A real classic - and with one of Vincent Price's most memorable lines: "Men sometimes have strange motives for the things they do." Classy movie. Just think of it! What movies would Reeves have shot in the 80s with all those slasher themed flicks around! A big amount of creativity, great moody settings - and gore galore, I'm sure! :chainsaw:

the blob 9th June 2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 156964)
Not thick enough to stop a .44 Magnum slug though.....:lol:

I dunno... It's THICK!

platostotal 9th June 2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 156990)
This one's already pre-ordered - I hope it'll arrive some time next week. :woot:

The Wilson Bros have reviewed the Blu-ray of The Witchfinder General - Kev told me that we will find it on DVD Active quite soon! :clap:

Greetings!

PS: A real classic - and with one of Vincent Price's most memorable lines: "Men sometimes have strange motives for the things they do." Classy movie. Just think of it! What movies would Reeves have shot in the 80s with all those slasher themed flicks around! A big amount of creativity, great moody settings - and gore galore, I'm sure! :chainsaw:

'Prince' a what if Michael Reeves had lived thread is a good idea. Always thought he would have made amazing Hammer stuff in their troubled 70s. His progression as a filmaker was brill, maybe even a Ridley Scott of modern horror. A real loss.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th June 2011 07:58 PM

7 Attachment(s)
It's a real monster. It'll stop a car at a hundred yards. Put a round right through the engine block.

Anyway.I sold my Kubrick boxset and bought these.(Nice artwork) :rolleyes:

the blob 9th June 2011 08:14 PM

Nice art. Not sure if I've seen Uhrwerk Orange. Is that a new sequel?

Stephen@Cult Labs 9th June 2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 156697)
I bought [B]Where the hell did I put that DVD? :confused:

Don't you just hate when that happens?