Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 20th June 2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 159258)
I watched Peckinpah's classic CROSS OF IRON yesterday and was amazed by Optimum's,well,optimum transfer!

It's still as classy a film as I remembered,with amazing performances from all.

After that I watched BLUE THUNDER,again excellent transfer.

Whatever happened to John Badham eh?
He made some of the most entertaining films of the eighties.:nod:

Got CROSS OF IRON on the way - can't wait to see it again. Best war film ever made IMO.

oaxaca 20th June 2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 159258)

Whatever happened to John Badham eh?
He made some of the most entertaining films of the eighties.:nod:

I agree, Badham made some superb films. His action comedies THE HARD WAY and STAKEOUT are about as entertaining as it gets :D

oaxaca 20th June 2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 159301)
Got CROSS OF IRON on the way - can't wait to see it again. Best war film ever made IMO.

I watched it for the first time the other night and I'm almost inclined to agree with that statement :p

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 09:37 PM

Thanks to the Eureka sale, I've bought:

Prince Valiant
City Girl
Profound Desires of the Gods
Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?
Paranoiac
Wizards
The Burmese Harp
Une femme mariée

Apart from Prince Valiant, I already have the review disc of each title but want the proper product.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 09:52 PM

Nice haul, Nos.

Paranoiac in particular is a cracking film - a great transfer from the folks at Eureka too.

InDogWeTrust 21st June 2011 05:49 AM

Just ordered The Omen Pentology Boxset.
Features all five films + a special features extra disc!

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/7/8...11542937_o.jpg

PaulD 21st June 2011 07:05 AM

That Omen set's really good. Not a fan of 2 and 4 (or the remake) but there are some great extras on the discs too.

I got a nice surprise when my copy of Duel arrived yesterday and turned out to be the steelbook version. I'm not a collector of them as such but it was a pleasant surprise.

InDogWeTrust 21st June 2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 159350)
That Omen set's really good. Not a fan of 2 and 4 (or the remake) but there are some great extras on the discs too.

I got a nice surprise when my copy of Duel arrived yesterday and turned out to be the steelbook version. I'm not a collector of them as such but it was a pleasant surprise.

Yeah the original is obviously the best. I still like 2, mainly because it was still Richard Donner though.

Should probably also mention the DVDs I just received from you.

Thanks to PaulD i've just received the R1 2-Disc Special Edition of Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds, The Super Jewel Box of Phenomena, The Anchor Bay release of Tenebrae and Arrows release of The Stendhal Syndrome. Very happy about those!

antmumford 21st June 2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 159350)

Fancy a swap for the normal case Duel? :tongue1:

Where did you buy it from?

PaulD 21st June 2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 159354)
Fancy a swap for the normal case Duel? :tongue1:

Where did you buy it from?

Haha, nah I am going to keep it as it does look pretty nice, sorry :)

It was on Play Trade, sold by Zoverstocks. Just listed as the Special Edition too but they dont seem to have anymore in stock. It was only £2.74 too!