Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 22nd June 2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 159741)
I really like House on Sorority Row, but refused to pay the exhorbitant prices for the 25th anniversary release.

I hope you didn't pay too much...Scorpion will be releasing this again soon... ;)

"Sorority is now a brand new HD master from the original InterNegative, and will be a progressive scan encode, unlike the previous Liberation DVD edition. We already have 3 new on-camera interviews (actress Harley Jane Kozak, composer Richard Band. and producer Igor Kantor), and are trying to do more, plus all previous extras from the earlier editions are being carried over. We also have about three TV spots that I believe the other DVD editions did not have."

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd June 2011 02:16 PM

Sounds great -- count me in for a copy!

Prince_Vajda 22nd June 2011 02:20 PM

I checked my bank account today and realised that some bucks were left.

Therefore, I ordered this nice collection.

http://i53.tinypic.com/143geir.jpg

- The two Asia Argento flicks? Both are DVDs, both are with Asia. Period. :love:
- The Reaping: Blu-ray. I kinda liked the trailer. And it was an offer.
- Natural Born Killers: Blu-ray. I already own the standard cut on DVD, this time it's the Director's Cut on Blu-ray. I can't wait too see Juliette Lewis in glorious HD. :roll:
- The Toolbox Murders: Blu-ray. I only know the trailer. As it is considered a classic, I'll give it a try. ;)

Greetings!

PS: When did we agree upon buying Love Bites, Dem? :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd June 2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 159783)
I hope you didn't pay too much...Scorpion will be releasing this again soon... ;)

"Sorority is now a brand new HD master from the original InterNegative, and will be a progressive scan encode, unlike the previous Liberation DVD edition. We already have 3 new on-camera interviews (actress Harley Jane Kozak, composer Richard Band. and producer Igor Kantor), and are trying to do more, plus all previous extras from the earlier editions are being carried over. We also have about three TV spots that I believe the other DVD editions did not have."

No, it was under £1.50 brand new.

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd June 2011 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 159785)
PS: When did we agree upon buying Love Bites, Dem? :lol:

We didn't. My copy arrived today, i haven't just ordered it.:lol:

Seeing this pic a couple of weeks ago made me investigate it, as i didn't recognise it from any of her other films i had.

BioZombie 22nd June 2011 03:38 PM

Just got my hands on the 3 disc Apocalypse Now BD. The booklets and postcards that come with it are fantastic and the box looks amazing! Gonna have to wait till I get home to watch it, but I cant wait to see it in high def. Not sure whether to watch the theatrical or redux cut first.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd June 2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 159814)
Just got my hands on the 3 disc Apocalypse Now BD. The booklets and postcards that come with it are fantastic and the box looks amazing! Gonna have to wait till I get home to watch it, but I cant wait to see it in high def. Not sure whether to watch the theatrical or redux cut first.

My copy arrived on Monday and it is a fantastic set. I've only flicked through the booklets and have yet to watch the film, but I'm going to make time for the theatrical version this week, with Redux, Hearts of Darkness and the 9+ hours of bonus features to follow over the next couple of weeks!

bdc 22nd June 2011 03:55 PM

I was wondering Nos...did you have enough Axel rewards points for a bd? ;)

Baseball Fury 22nd June 2011 04:30 PM

I've got My Soul To Take on the way from Lovefilm, I'll let you know what I think when it comes!

antmumford 22nd June 2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 159816)
My copy arrived on Monday and it is a fantastic set. I've only flicked through the booklets and have yet to watch the film, but I'm going to make time for the theatrical version this week, with Redux, Hearts of Darkness and the 9+ hours of bonus features to follow over the next couple of weeks!

I watched this for the first time at the cinema the other week, completely blew me away. I doubt you'd be able to watch it twice in a couple of weeks though, it's so haunting that I've still not recovered to be able to watch it again anytime soon.