Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd June 2011 06:39 PM

Yeah,I have Nos!

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd June 2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 160178)
Just hooked up my new multi region machine,and tried THE FACULTY in it.It looks STUPENDOUS Stephen.
Grain and everything!;)

That's all I need to know. :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd June 2011 07:20 PM

Grab one now!
The French writing on the cover is minute....

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd June 2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 160189)
Grab one now!
The French writing on the cover is minute....

The one on the side aint!.....but that doesn't bother me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete 23rd June 2011 11:10 PM

Just watched the first 20 mins of the new CROSS OF IRON blu and it looks ****ing incredible! Can't wait to sit back and whole thing tomorrow.:)

oaxaca 24th June 2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 160245)
Just watched the first 20 mins of the new CROSS OF IRON blu and it looks ****ing incredible! Can't wait to sit back and whole thing tomorrow.:)

Tell me about it!! Optimum really pulled the rabbit out of the hat with that one. Its a stunner!

I watched WITCHFINDER GENERAL t'other night and thought the transfer was also very good. Then I watched Hammer's CIRCUS DER VAMPIRE and wasn't as impressed with the transfer. Nothing wrong with it per se, aside from around 30 secs of scenes where a dark orange pattern appeared 'burnt on' to the screen, but it just wasn't as detailed as WG (a shame since WG is 4 years older than VAMPIRE CIRCUS!). Still, it was a half-decent transfer and a good film to boot.

Baseball Fury 24th June 2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 160245)

No, it's not, it's an awful release. At the 37:05 mark on the 23rd frame, you can clearly see where they've whitened a cloud and added edge enhancement to a puddle. It's ruined my life, I wish Optimum were dead.

That's how it normally goes isn't it? :crazy:

oaxaca 24th June 2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 160269)
No, it's not, it's an awful release. At the 37:05 mark on the 23rd frame, you can clearly see where they've whitened a cloud and added edge enhancement to a puddle. It's ruined my life, I wish Optimum were dead.

Haha:lol:. Come to think of it I noticed a spot of EE on James Coburn's nostril hair when he was psyching out at the hospital...:loco: :p

More seriously though, Zavvi have actually dispatched the AKIRA steelbook and NEW YORK RIPPER to me today !! :D:woot::rockon::clap: I can't wait to see AKIRA again and I even more can't wait to see Shameless' first HD release (excuse the grammar) !!

Baseball Fury 24th June 2011 08:59 AM

Mine got sent on Wednesday from HMV. Hopefully they're at home for when I get in tonight!

Pete 24th June 2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 160269)

:pound::pound::clap: