Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Beyond72 28th June 2011 12:05 PM

Hellraiser 2 (£1.50 @ CEX)

Not a huge fan of the series, but I've always remembered the scene with the guy "getting off" with the skinless woman! :crazy:

pedromonkey 28th June 2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 161153)
Where do you rank Bullet in the Head? In three different to The Killer, A Better Tomorrow and Hard Boiled, but is a brilliant movie.

Bullet In The Head is a great film, It's not the all out bullet ballet of The Killer and his other two 'heroic bloodshed' films and is a little more dramatic and story driven but it's still a masterpiece of action cinema. I see it as Woo's Apocalypse Now.

Here's an introduction i did for gun-fu movies on my site...

GUN FU AND HEROIC BLOODSHED

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th June 2011 02:55 PM

It's on my wishlist but there is stiff competition for my next purchase as I really want to complete my collection of Blue Underground BDs. However, as most of those will be double dips (or even triple or quadruple dips), I'll think about prioritising the films I haven't seen or don't yet own.

Pete 28th June 2011 03:50 PM

Should the BFI release of PRIVILEGE come with a booklet?

Baseball Fury 28th June 2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 161244)
Should the BFI release of PRIVILEGE come with a booklet?

Yeah, it should -

An essay on the film by Robert Murphy is the main feature of a typically fine BFI booklet, a detailed and interesting piece that in its enthusiastic support of the film does briefly confuse hindsight with contemporary comment. There's also a comprehensive biography of Peter Watkins by William Fowler, a piece on Paul Jones by Vic Pratt, another on Diary of an Unknown Soldier and Forgotten Faces by J. Milton Shulman, credits from the film, stills and poster artwork.

Pete 28th June 2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 161248)
Yeah, it should -

An essay on the film by Robert Murphy is the main feature of a typically fine BFI booklet, a detailed and interesting piece that in its enthusiastic support of the film does briefly confuse hindsight with contemporary comment. There's also a comprehensive biography of Peter Watkins by William Fowler, a piece on Paul Jones by Vic Pratt, another on Diary of an Unknown Soldier and Forgotten Faces by J. Milton Shulman, credits from the film, stills and poster artwork.

Ah bugger, I didn't get one :( I'll pop in CEX tomorrow and see if they have it. They might have just forgotten to give to me.

Thanks B!:)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th June 2011 06:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just ordered these from Italy.Nice covers!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th June 2011 06:37 PM

I like the Suspiria cover -- it's very similar to the artwork on the front of the Nouveaux Pictures/Cine Excess release.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th June 2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 161302)
Just ordered these from Italy.Nice covers!

Nice Suspiria cover - so much better than the awful Cine-Excess one.

I have heard that the Italian Blu is poorer in quality than the UK one though.

I'm still going to hold out on this one until maybe a US version surfaces, I think. :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th June 2011 06:47 PM

Bought it for the cover mate.
The Nouveaux disc is the dogs.;)