Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 11:39 AM

Nice pick-ups, b.

EOAS is a grubby little gem of a film! :D

InDogWeTrust 1st July 2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 162121)
Cash-Generators sorted my viewing for the weekend out, 4 dvd's for £5. 'Open Range' is an underrated western(don't let the name Costner put you off:lol: he's better than normal here). Had a peek at 'Dog Day' looks great for a 35+ year old film, 'Heat' speaks for itself and haven't seen 'Sweeny' yet. Wasn't gonna buy anymore films this month... but you know how it is,:crazy:

I am so over Sweeney Todd. Was over it probably the second time I saw it, Now i've seen it about five times.

Would however like to see the original Demon Barber Of Fleet Street.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 162121)
Wasn't gonna buy anymore films this month... but you know how it is,:crazy:

This month? its only the first day.:lol:

Good choices though, all of them excellent films.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 12:50 PM

I've received The Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition Blu-ray set and Dinocroc vs Supergator on DVD. One will take me about 100 minutes to watch and the other will probably take about 100 hours, no guessing which is which!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 01:04 PM

I've received The Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition BD collection, which will probably take several years to watch the films and then go through the commentaries and all 15 discs of material!

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 162264)
I've received The Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition Blu-ray set and Dinocroc vs Supergator on DVD. One will take me about 100 minutes to watch and the other will probably take about 100 hours, no guessing which is which!

Dinocroc vs supergator will just seem like 100 hours :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 162272)
Dinocroc vs supergator will just seem like 100 hours :lol:

Not a chance as I love these new B-movies and, with this being a Roger Corman production, it should be along the same lines as Sharktopus.

If you fancy a quick read, I made a note of my feelings towards these recent B-movies and, especially The Asylum, on my website:

B-Movies: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Asylum

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 162275)
Not a chance as I love these new B-movies and, with this being a Roger Corman production, it should be along the same lines as Sharktopus.

If you fancy a quick read, I made a note of my feelings towards these recent B-movies and, especially The Asylum, on my website:

B-Movies: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Asylum

Good article Nos.

Like you i love cheap monster films, Sharktopus and Loch Ness Terror spring to mind as ones i have seen recently.

Some are truly terrible though. Take Shark in Venice for example, the damn thing only had one brief scene in Venice, very disappointing.:lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 162280)
Good article Nos.

Like you i love cheap monster films, Sharktopus and Loch Ness Terror spring to mind as ones i have seen recently.

Some are truly terrible though. Take Shark in Venice for example, the damn thing only had one brief scene in Venice, very disappointing.:lol:

I haven't seen Loch Ness Terror, so that's going on the list! I'm a bit wary of the bandwagon jumping Shark in Venice and Mega Shark in Malibu, but will probably add them to my Lovefilm rental queue to see what they're like. I don't fancy a blind buy with these.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 162282)
I haven't seen Loch Ness Terror, so that's going on the list! I'm a bit wary of the bandwagon jumping Shark in Venice and Mega Shark in Malibu, but will probably add them to my Lovefilm rental queue to see what they're like. I don't fancy a blind buy with these.

Have you seen Kraken: Tentacles of the Deep? I love that one.