Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Daemonia 12th January 2010 03:03 PM

I wonder what's happened to Mike Lee? I heard a rumour --just a rumour, mind-- that he was living in Spain as a tax exile. Any truth to this or is it just more internet fabrication..?

If it's true, then he must've made a pretty penny off those DVDs!! :eek:

vincenzo 12th January 2010 03:10 PM

I think he's taken a course in 'digital remastering'. :lol:

Daemonia 12th January 2010 03:29 PM

I hope it's better than the last course he took. That one didn't turn out too well judging by the 'remastering' of the Vipco DVDs.

I could remaster better using sticky-back plastic and an old toilet roll. :D

vincenzo 12th January 2010 03:36 PM

The old Vipco DVD's were specially remastered using a George Foreman mini-grill. For the widescreen Shogun Assassin release the image was shrunk in a washing machine and large black lines painted over the top & bottom.

:D

Daemonia 12th January 2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 57404)
For the widescreen Shogun Assassin release the image was shrunk in a washing machine and large black lines painted over the top & bottom.

:D

Then stretched on a washing line to make it the wrong ratio. Mike always liked to challenge the eyes of his viewers.

The old VHS tapes were mastered in a toaster, once they were nicely browned he'd stick them in cases and sell them. If the films needed censoring, he'd just cut it out the tapes with scissors and sellotape them back together. :D

vincenzo 12th January 2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 57407)
If the films needed censoring, he'd just cut it out the tapes with scissors and sellotape them back together. :D

Actually I'm convinced that's exactly what he did. :pound:

Daemonia 12th January 2010 04:04 PM

And for the DVDs he just scratched away that portion of the disc. :lol:

42ndStreetFreak 12th January 2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 57162)

Absolutely excellent cover art but the print is basically the same as the heavily cut Satanica video.

HOOO...I think it was that release where I got my one and only review quote on a cover when I reviewed the film for the long gone 'Zombiekeeper' site (as Lucio's Beard).

It was bad enough having my review of the uncut version slapped on to help sell a butchered version, but they also edited the sentence to make the film sound better than it was (it's a fun film...but it's still a bad film).
Hey ho.

Picked up:

"The Sopranos" - Season 1-6 Boxset (£48 from 'Head')

"Inglorious Basterds" - Shame about the crappy player generated 'chapter' headings they've put on this and the far too high subtitles!
Tossers.

And the good lady Wife picked up "Chuck" - Season 2 for us.

nekromantik 12th January 2010 06:05 PM

Just got Oasis of Fear!!

pedromonkey 12th January 2010 06:13 PM

Oasis Of Fear is an excellent film and has the beautiful Ornella Muti in it too.

My copy of Street Trash arrived to day, i will be watching that tonight.