Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 163770)
which is pretty WANG ON.

I've never heard that comment before - I take on it means something along the lines of good or cool?!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 163752)
I received the American Carrie Blu-ray and a limited edition (333 units) XT Video Deep Red hardbox.

Would love to see a pic of that Deep Red hardbox, mate.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 04:58 PM

Let us know what you think of the Blue Thunder transfer mate!

Prince_Vajda 6th July 2011 05:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 163785)
Woah, woah, woah, woah, WOAH there!

There's a Blu-Ray of Vanishing Point?!?!?!?

MUST OBTAIN!!!

Actually, there are two different Blu-rays that I know of:

- US - Region A locked - including both the U.S. and the longer U.K. version (the latter with the short Charlotte Rampling appearance) : Amazon.com: Vanishing Point [Blu-ray]: Barry Newman, Cleavon Little, Dean Jagger, Victoria Medlin, Paul Koslo, Robert Donner, Timothy Scott, Charlotte Rampling, Gilda Texter, Anthony James, Arthur Malet, Karl Swenson, John A. Alonzo, Richard C. Saraf

- European - Region B - including the U.S. cut: Fluchtpunkt San Francisco [Blu-ray]: Amazon.de: Barry Newman, Cleavon Little, Dean Jagger, Victoria Medlin, Paul Koslo, Richard C. Sarafian: DVD & Blu-ray

There's also a slight difference in the extras: the US release has at least one additional featurette of about 30 minutes.

Picture and Audio quality are the same - both are more than alright, considering the age of the flick. It's really worth the upgrade to Blu. :nod:

The artwork (which I do not like at all - when do FOUR helicopters and that myriad of cars appear in the movie? :crazy:) is virtually the same in both editions.

Greetings!

Gojirosan 6th July 2011 05:23 PM

Right, that's it, I'm buying a region hackable Blu player next week!

Thanks for the info, Prince.

Vanishing Point on Blu!!!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 163835)
Would love to see a pic of that Deep Red hardbox, mate.

Funnily enough, I was going to take some photos and put them up in the Show Us Yours thread.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 163855)
Thanks for the info, Prince.

Vanishing Point on Blu!!!

Same here -- thanks for the comparison. I think I'll go with the Region A release.

Coffindaz 6th July 2011 05:53 PM

Too many!

"Companeros", "Hobo With A Shotgun", "Women In Prison Roger Corman Collection", "The Image" blu ray, "Robot Chicken Star Wars Episode 3", "Lorna The Exorcist", "Battle Beyond The Stars", "Once Upon A Time In America" blu ray, "Poultrygeist" blu ray, "Assault!Jack The Ripper"...too many films and so little time!:doh:

nekromantik 6th July 2011 06:16 PM

Resident Evil was so bad! and Salt looked even worse :lol:
Dont even get me started on Land of the dead!

I was in HMV and was very tempted to pick up Last house remake blu for £6 but I already own the DVD so not sure if its worth double dipping even at that price.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th July 2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 163907)
Resident Evil was so bad! and Salt looked even worse :lol:
Dont even get me started on Land of the dead!

I thought Salt looked terrific with a superb AVC 1080p picture. Resident Evil: Afterlife also looked extremely good and they both have excellent soundtracks. I haven't seen Land of the Dead in HD, so can't comment.

Salt Blu-ray

Resident Evil: Afterlife Blu-ray