Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 14th January 2010 06:09 AM

Everyone needs to see Night of the Creeps on bluray!!! Its a region free disc from the US so grab it asap.

This movie is so much fun and I fell in love with it after my first watch, now I understand why its a cult classic and I do really hope that Dekker does make part 2 like he said he wants to on one of the features.

Tom Atkins is awesome in this and I love the line "Thrill Me!!"

The Video looks stunning for a old movie and I give kudos to Sony on this release, the extras are cool too.

9/10

Daemonia 14th January 2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 57634)
I watched Blue Underground's THE LIVING DEAD AT THE MANCHESTER MORGUE tonight.
What can I say?
It looked and sounded ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE.
As if it was filmed this year!:pop2:

Oooh, lovely - I wish my copy would arrive! I'm dying to see this on Blu-ray! :)

pedromonkey 14th January 2010 02:58 PM

just picked up.....

SHE
PROJECT A
BEATS COPS
DEATHSTALKER
ONCE A THIEF
COFFY

this lot cost me £20.00

Philleh 14th January 2010 03:05 PM

Sheeeeit, I remember paying £20 for Beast Cops on its own (worth every penny mind)! :lol:

And Project A!!

Good bargains, sir!

pedromonkey 14th January 2010 03:12 PM

beast cops and project A are from the HK legends Magazine, i didn't get the full artwork but looking on amazon these films are going for about 20-50 quid.

Philleh 14th January 2010 03:17 PM

Wow, glad to see they haven't lost their value over the years!! Did you check CEX out? They usually have a few legit HKL DVDs going, as well as some of the magazine releases.

pedromonkey 14th January 2010 03:26 PM

i was in there about a week ago, nothing there of any merrit really, got these from D'vynal records on mackingtosh place opposite the george. He's selling 3 4.99 movies for £10.00 at the moment.

Pete 14th January 2010 03:38 PM

I got the HK Lenegends Magazine discs of The Killer and Drunken Master from £Land.

pedromonkey 14th January 2010 03:43 PM

good score there loops, funnily enough i watched The Killer the other night, Woo really is the best Action director around, it's a shame he's not been allowed to bring his style fully to the US. I have the HKL mag version of City On Fire with Chow Yun Fat

Pete 14th January 2010 03:48 PM

I have never seen The Killer or City on Fire. The only JW films I have seen are Face/Off, Hard Boiled, Hard Target and Paycheck.

I had the HKL CoF SE but swapped it.

I really should check out his earlier HK films.