Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 02:29 PM

I only bought this to replace the review disc I have and I would give you a link to my review but I've just realised I haven't uploaded it to my website yet!

Briefly, it has the best AV quality of any version of T2 released so far and there are hours of extra features so, if you like the film, it's definitely worth buying.

nekromantik 19th July 2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 167044)
I only bought this to replace the review disc I have and I would give you a link to my review but I've just realised I haven't uploaded it to my website yet!

Briefly, it has the best AV quality of any version of T2 released so far and there are hours of extra features so, if you like the film, it's definitely worth buying.

Sorry I have to disagree.
There is plenty of DNR on Skynet edition.

Best discs are the original UK Optimum (bare bones theatrical version)
or the Japanese Ultimate Edition (I own the steebook version 1)

KaiGusto's Terminator 2 Comparison (08 Aus, 09 Skynet, 08 Jap) - Blu-ray Forum

have a look at that :)
look at arnie's face in Skynet edition :eek:
quite shocking really. All grain gone!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 04:58 PM

I noticed a degree of DNR, but it certainly didn't spoil the film as the more notorious films featuring a lot of waxworks did.

nekromantik 19th July 2011 05:03 PM

each to their own :)
I used to own both Jap and Uk Skynet.
Skynet went on ebay 1 week after I bought it.

I noticed the DNR right away vs no DNR on the Japanese. Japanese had a lot more detail and retained film grain.

the blob 19th July 2011 05:03 PM

The HD DVD, which I believe is the same as the first BD, and the shots I've seen of all the other versions just tells me it needs a whole new master done. The main reason why I'll probably get the Skynet while I wait.

nekromantik 19th July 2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 167067)
The HD DVD, which I believe is the same as the first BD, and the shots I've seen of all the other versions just tells me it needs a whole new master done. The main reason why I'll probably get the Skynet while I wait.

there is a light and day difference between the Japanese and Skynet editions.
I highly doubt they will re-master it just the like re-master or terminator 1 fell through because of the studio changes.

So get the original Optimum UK blu and watch a DNR free copy of T2 :)

the blob 19th July 2011 05:50 PM

But it's the extra-sappy Special Edition only. :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 06:03 PM

When I watch this new copy, I'll see how offensive I find the DNR to be and, if it's too bad (it's been a while since I saw it), I'll double-dip for either the Optimum or Japanese BD.

I hope the version Play.com are are selling is the Steelbook as that would look really good, even if I don't really have anywhere to display it!

nekromantik 19th July 2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 167078)
When I watch this new copy, I'll see how offensive I find the DNR to be and, if it's too bad (it's been a while since I saw it), I'll double-dip for either the Optimum or Japanese BD.

I hope the version Play.com are are selling is the Steelbook as that would look really good, even if I don't really have anywhere to display it!

if you got the £9 one then not too sure if you will get the steely as play.com list the steely on its own and its at £50 from third party.

They had plenty of the steelys in the xmas sales last year.
not surprised it didnt sell well 2 years ago as it was meant to be a limited edition :loL:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 167084)
if you got the £9 one then not too sure if you will get the steely as play.com list the steely on its own and its at £50 from third party.

They had plenty of the steelys in the xmas sales last year.
not surprised it didnt sell well 2 years ago as it was meant to be a limited edition :loL:

If it is the steelbook, I'll be more than happy. If it isn't, I'm not going to rant and complain!