Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 28th July 2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 169254)
Blu region code lock is in the hardware, so if you update shouldn't affect it(yeah right) dvd playback always seems to reset region lock, but just re-do remote hack.

not to nit pick but thats incorrect
Bluray region codes are software based not hardware.
Reason why most players cannot be hacked is after the whole DVD hacking thing the companies got smart and took measures to stop remote control hacks.

DVD region codes were in the firmware of the disc drive itself but there was loopholes in the players software.

Baseball Fury 28th July 2011 08:16 PM

No, they're hardware based, otherwise you could just flash a player with new firmware. Nearly all big brand BD players have to be modded with an override chip to bypass the region check.

nekromantik 28th July 2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 169262)
No, they're hardware based, otherwise you could just flash a player with new firmware. Nearly all big brand BD players have to be modded with an override chip to bypass the region check.

yes but the actual region check is done in the software not hardware.
the chip is needed because they wanted to stop the remote control hacks.

kingofwitches666 28th July 2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 169151)
Unfortunately it's still the frigging B&W version.

HMV shouldn't be ****ing selling these.:censored:

That sucks! :(

Demoncrat 29th July 2011 09:23 AM

thats MOE ordered. after seeing Run Bitch Run trailer, im no longer plugging HWAS btw....holy bitches! hahahahahahaha ahem. :pound::pound:

Pete 29th July 2011 11:16 AM

Picked up the Spaghetti western double THEY CALL ME TRINITY and TRINITY IS STILL MY NAME in CEX for £6 (it's £20 in HMV).

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 169320)
thats MOE ordered. after seeing Run Bitch Run trailer, im no longer plugging HWAS btw....holy bitches! hahahahahahaha ahem. :pound::pound:

Run Bitch Run is a nasty sleazy piece of work, reminded me of Last House on the Left.

antmumford 29th July 2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 169389)
Run Bitch Run is a nasty sleazy piece of work, reminded me of Last House on the Left.

The final kill was pretty horrific, but awesome at the same time. Really enjoyed Run Bitch Run to be honest.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th July 2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 169403)
The final kill was pretty horrific, but awesome at the same time. Really enjoyed Run Bitch Run to be honest.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

I watched Nude Nuns with Big Guns a few weeks ago. Its the film that was on the tv in Run Bitch Run. Made by the same people. Also very good.

pedromonkey 29th July 2011 03:48 PM

a couple of pick ups in my local second hand dvd store...3 for £10.00

Taking of Pelham One, Two Three (original)
Five Card Stud (robert mitchum/dean martin western)
Hard Times (Bronson)
Devil Doll
Run Silent Run Deep (Clark Gable/ Burt Lancaster WW2 film)
Play Misty For Me (Eastwood)

just ordered these on amazon...

Wild Geese
Long Riders
Death Rides A Horse
Tango And Cash
Blue Thunder