Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

vincenzo 19th January 2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 58351)
it removes part of the dock scene at the begining but has the scene where peter shoots the zombie kids.

The theatrical print also has the shooting of the zombie children, though edited slightly differently. The shopping scene in the DC also goes on much longer and most of Goblin's score is missing.

Ken 19th January 2010 02:30 PM

Went to Suspiria today but None in stock so i compensated by getting 12 other DVD's instead. :pop2:

House by the Cemetery (1 Arrow Video & 1 EC Ent Coll Edt)
Sleepless
Street Trash
Designated Victim
Ratman
Manhattan Baby
Land of the Dead
Silent Blood Night
Return of the Living Dead prt 2
Final Destination 3
Anaconda 3

Pigasus 19th January 2010 03:21 PM

I recently bought weird-western The Burrowers (very good as nasty horror, with a downbeat ending)... Curious Case Of Benjamin Button (tries for a mix of wonder & melancholy that reminds me of Ray Bradbury's fiction, but fails to achieve same level of fine cinema to match Bradbury's literary qualities), 24: season 7 (great fun action telly, as ever!)...

Also got Crime And Punishment In Suburbia, and Big Bad Wolf, but I haven't had chance to watch them, yet.

Just ordered: Red Baron, and Dream Warrior.

nekromantik 19th January 2010 11:09 PM

Just orderd Hellrasier Bluray for £4.88 from Amazon.
Could not resist at that price even though I own the UK lament cube boxset.

Gigantor 20th January 2010 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigasus (Post 58391)
I recently bought weird-western The Burrowers (very good as nasty horror, with a downbeat ending)... Curious Case Of Benjamin Button (tries for a mix of wonder & melancholy that reminds me of Ray Bradbury's fiction, but fails to achieve same level of fine cinema to match Bradbury's literary qualities), 24: season 7 (great fun action telly, as ever!)...

Also got Crime And Punishment In Suburbia, and Big Bad Wolf, but I haven't had chance to watch them, yet.

Just ordered: Red Baron, and Dream Warrior.

BIG BAD WOLF was decent enough and deserves a sequel in my opinion

Daemonia 21st January 2010 11:44 AM

Watched the BD of Stargate on Tuesday night and it looked incredible. The detail was eye-popping - the film's great too, lest we forget that! :D

Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue arrived yesterday and I watched it last night. I've never seen it look and sound as good as it does on this Blu-ray. Absolutely brilliant and the final word on this film...well, at least until the next home video format comes along. :lol:

Philleh 21st January 2010 02:12 PM

I picked up Elite Squade yesterday, excellent semi-fictional Brazilian cop thriller.

Daemonia 21st January 2010 02:31 PM

Is that the one about the Brazilian Death Squads? The filmmakers had a hard time making it, apparently - as it's based on things that actually went on.

Philleh 21st January 2010 03:11 PM

That's the one, they're called BOPE and they are a heavily armed response unit. But seeing how shady and corrupt the regular police force there is, they have to be!

Highly recommended if you like Brazilian crime movies like City of God.

The director behind Elite Squad also made the exceptional documentary, Bus 147.

pedromonkey 21st January 2010 03:58 PM

so far this week, the wonderful postman has brought me....

Heat Guy J vol.1 (anime)
Truck Turner
Krull
Graveyard of Honor
Cops Vs Thugs
Japan Organised Crime Boss
Scanners
Rabid

and to follow....

Yakuza Deka
Wicked Little Things
Darkman