Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd August 2011 11:08 PM

As usual, the shops in this crappy town (and by that, I mean Asda & Tesco) get feck all in, so had to order myself a copy of The Blues Brothers online, and, don't hate me folks!, Blues Brothers 2000.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the blob 22nd August 2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 175952)
I saw that and thought I'd never buy it, but then checked other websites and found it at Zavvi for £13.85.

Zavvi cancelled my order a couple of weeks ago as they couldn't source it supposedly. Tried them and Moviemail who were showing in stock and the same result. Luckily I ended up finding a solitary copy in my local HMV. :)

kingofwitches666 23rd August 2011 02:41 AM

Got my copy of Requiem for a Vampire from Elektrocity.

I have all four hardboxes they've put out so far. :cool:

Baseball Fury 23rd August 2011 08:00 AM

Play supposedly have it in stock for £16.99.

What's the difference between the 2 disc and the 3 disc, as both versions seem to be dual format and the 2 disc can be picked up for £8?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd August 2011 08:16 AM

The three disc Collector's Edition has an extra DVD of bonus features -- that's the only difference.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd August 2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 176021)
The three disc Collector's Edition has an extra DVD of bonus features -- that's the only difference.

I think that the only extra feature on the bonus disc is a Q&A with Jane Asher and John Moulder Brown.

Baseball Fury 23rd August 2011 12:25 PM

Are these BFI discs rocketing in value due to the fire? I just went to order Pasolini's Arabian Nights, which I didn't order when Play were selling their BFI BD's at £6 each, and it's now £50 minimum everywhere! I got Salo, The Decameron and Canterbury Takes, but thought I'd pick this one up later! Bollocks :mad:

brain dead 23rd August 2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 176111)
Are these BFI discs rocketing in value due to the fire? I just went to order Pasolini's Arabian Nights, which I didn't order when Play were selling their BFI BD's at £6 each, and it's now £50 minimum everywhere! I got Salo, The Decameron and Canterbury Takes, but thought I'd pick this one up later! Bollocks :mad:

They were already OOP long before the fire. They're all being rereleased as Blu/DVD combo packs in the near future.

Beyond72 23rd August 2011 01:58 PM

Clay Pigeons (Gift)

(CEX)
Faces of Death
Candyman
Weird Science
Plague aka "M-3: The Gemini Strain" 50p
Wickerman (Original) 75p! Maybe remakes are good for something after all.
:happy:

Mean Streets SE (£2)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd August 2011 02:39 PM

My Akira Steelbook arrived today -- looks very cool!