Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

kingofwitches666 23rd August 2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 176335)
I think of his 'newer' films Wake Of Death is my favourite, even though it is very downbeat and brutal.

That's the next one on my list to get along with Double Team which I haven't seen in an age, I do remember it being a bit bonkers though. :tongue1:

Have you seen Derailed at all? Sounds a bit like Under Siege 2 in places.

g053584398 23rd August 2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 176338)
That's the next one on my list to get along with Double Team which I haven't seen in an age, I do remember it being a bit bonkers though. :tongue1:

Have you seen Derailed at all? Sounds a bit like Under Siege 2 in places.

I saw some of Double Team on TV years ago but I can't really remember much about it.

I actually enjoyed Derailed, which I got hold of earlier this year, although some of the effects work belies the low budget I suppose. Van Damme's female co-star in that one is absolutely gorgeous as well, which doesn't hurt!

Did you watch the ITV series Jean Claude Van Damme: Behind Closed Doors which was on earlier this year? I wouldn't normally touch the ITV channels with a proverbial bargepole, but I quite enjoyed that one.

kingofwitches666 23rd August 2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 176340)
I actually enjoyed Derailed, which I got hold of earlier this year, although some of the effects work belies the low budget I suppose. Van Damme's female co-star in that one is absolutely gorgeous as well, which doesn't hurt!

Did you watch the ITV series Jean Claude Van Damme: Behind Closed Doors which was on earlier this year? I wouldn't normally touch the ITV channels with a proverbial bargepole, but I quite enjoyed that one.

Derailed added to the list! :tongue1:

As for the TV series, unfortunately I only caught a couple of episodes. :(

Hopefully it'll get a re-run at some point.

Maybe with all this Van Damme speak perhaps we should resurrect the Van Damme thread in The Damage Depot :eyebrows:

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/acti...me-thread.html

Nice to converse with a fellow fan! Thanks for the recommendations. :thumb:

antmumford 23rd August 2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 176342)
Derailed added to the list! :tongue1:

As for the TV series, unfortunately I only caught a couple of episodes. :(

Hopefully it'll get a re-run at some point.

Maybe with all this Van Damme speak perhaps we should resurrect the Van Damme thread in The Damage Depot :eyebrows:

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/acti...me-thread.html

Nice to converse with a fellow fan! Thanks for the recommendations. :thumb:

The ITV show was great, you can buy the series on DVD for just under a tenner at Zavvi, thehut and sendit

kingofwitches666 24th August 2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 176343)
The ITV show was great, you can buy the series on DVD for just under a tenner at Zavvi, thehut and sendit

Cheers Ant, that may be an option. ;)

kingofwitches666 24th August 2011 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 176263)
Just preordered these! :woot:

You'll have to let us know how they look & sound when you get 'em Reaps, especially The Hills Have Eyes. :)

keirarts 24th August 2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 176283)
Good choices. I have the Children of the Corn disc and, though it's not the greatest horror movie ever made, it looks and sounds superb.

Does the blu have the 'missing' scenes?

There was a bit with the sherriff being killed as I recall, only ever seen on the version broadcast on itv.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th August 2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 176368)
Does the blu have the 'missing' scenes?

There was a bit with the sherriff being killed as I recall, only ever seen on the version broadcast on itv.

It's been a while since I saw it at, as far as I can remember, it's the theatrical version, not the uncut one which I don't think has ever been released.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th August 2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 176330)
Pervert isn't a Russ Meyer film Nos.

I know, but it is generally mentioned in the same breath as Russ Meyer's film and the quote at the top of the cover ("Smells like Russ Meyer") links it to Meyer's films. I love Russ Meyer's movies and really want to watch Pervert! again to see how it compares.

Demoncrat 24th August 2011 10:51 AM

well me H3 came. yes, it looks lovely but wasnt sure if the drill bit (no pun intended) was trimmed? though everything else is intact, so it may just be my memory.

on a purely personal note, even though i acquired Pervert! for free, it went off after 20 minutes. to compare this to even Meyer's films is an insult
:behindsofa: