Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 21st January 2010 04:00 PM

Just won a copy of Frailty on ebay.

Rob Strange 21st January 2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 58657)

Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue arrived yesterday and I watched it last night. I've never seen it look and sound as good as it does on this Blu-ray. Absolutely brilliant and the final word on this film...well, at least until the next home video format comes along. :lol:

I'm glad you weren't disappointed. It's actually remarkable to see these films in pristine 1080p, considering that most of us (I'm sure) first caught them on North Sea pirate VHS format. It's great to see these films not looking like the Ringu video.

42ndStreetFreak 21st January 2010 04:29 PM

"Rooster Cogburn" - Upgrade fron DVD-R. £1

"Butterfly Kiss" - Upgrade from VHS

Philleh 21st January 2010 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 58302)
Ah yeah could be. I know one of the other tartan releases was rated a 12 but the dvd got a 18 because of a trailer for 3 extremes. I find that a bit silly tbh, why include trailers if it will cause the rating to be raised.

Into the Mirror is a 15, the pic you have is before the film was given a an official cert. Instead of using a TBC logo Tartan slapped an 18 on there and issued the cover art out.

The actual product carries the 15 logo though. :thumb:

My limited edition Enigma Rosso arrived today! :dog:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st January 2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 58730)

That the Eyecatcher release Phil?

I'd say it was the weakest of the "Schoolgirls In Peril" trilogy, but an awesome performance by Testi and a euro-horror must have IMO. :nod:

Rob Strange 21st January 2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 58704)
so far this week, the wonderful postman has brought me....

Heat Guy J vol.1 (anime)
Truck Turner
Krull
Graveyard of Honor
Cops Vs Thugs
Japan Organised Crime Boss
Scanners
Rabid

Is that the Takashi Miike remake of Graveyard of Honor? I didn't know it had an English friendly dvd release. Will check it out.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st January 2010 07:58 PM

Went into Blockbuster while the kids were at kung fu tonight and picked up HILLS HAVE EYES/PART2 on Blu Ray and DOGHOUSE.

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st January 2010 08:23 PM

Doghouse is class.Danny Dyer is a diamond geezer but If I have to hear him say the word dangerous in that accent on virgin1 for his deadliest men series once more,I'm going to put my boot through my tv. :lol:

nekromantik 21st January 2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 58730)
Into the Mirror is a 15, the pic you have is before the film was given a an official cert. Instead of using a TBC logo Tartan slapped an 18 on there and issued the cover art out.

The actual product carries the 15 logo though. :thumb:

:lol:
Yeah I got the dvd today and it was rated a 15.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st January 2010 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 58775)
Doghouse is class.Danny Dyer is a diamond geezer but If I have to hear him say the word dangerous in that accent on virgin1 for his deadliest men series once more,I'm going to put my boot through my tv. :lol:

Yeah I like Dyer and Stephen Graham.Good actors.:nod:
Doghouse was only 6 quid btw.Brand new.:cool: