Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st August 2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 177941)
Same here, although I do have a soft spot for Countess Dracula and Twins of Evil is not to be missed.

Both fantastic films, Nos. :nod: (1970s Hammer is hard to beat with regards to a balanced blood-sucking/flesh showing combo!)

I'm eagerly awaiting Synapse's Countess Dracula BD in November. Rumour is, they will be also releasing Twins of Evil on BD around Xmas, too! :pray:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st August 2011 07:21 PM

My Arrow Video collection is complete apart from the titles which have yet to be released as the postman delivered the regular Blu-ray of Battle Royale, to go with the limited edition DVD and Blu-ray sets.

The shell that was only half full of Arrow Video titles is now completely full and there are two DVDs (The Beyond and Battle Royale) which don't fit!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st August 2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 177946)
I've always found Countess Dracula to be one of Hammer's most boring productions.

Not the stunning Twins of Evil though, nor The Vampire Lovers or Lust for a Vampire.

I'd personally rank them:

Twins > Lovers > Countess > Lust

kingofwitches666 31st August 2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 177939)
If you're into the more erotic side of the 70s vampire spectrum, then you're in for a treat.

:D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st August 2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 177948)
Both fantastic films, Nos. :nod: (1970s Hammer is hard to beat with regards to a balanced blood-sucking/flesh showing combo!)

I'm eagerly awaiting Synapse's Countess Dracula BD in November. Rumour is, they will be also releasing Twins of Evil on BD around Xmas, too! :pray:

I completely agree about Hammer and vampire movies -- you only need to look at the 'heaving bosoms' in Dracula (Horror of Dracula) to see if they were intent on mixing the erotic and horrific.

I'm also really looking forward to the Countess Dracula BD and, if Twins of Evil also makes its HD debut, that'll be my third or fourth copy!

Nemesis 31st August 2011 07:31 PM

Got the following recently:

F for Fake
Toni
Callan (Monochrome version)
Cold Fish blu
I saw the devil
Footprints
Don't torture a duckling

Ordered:

Burial Ground blu
Blade/Ring of Death
Kremlin Letter
The Colour of Pomegranates

Thinking of getting:

More (BFI)
Quatermass and the Pit
Dressed to kill blu
Mardi Gras Massacre

mark meakin 31st August 2011 07:31 PM

my HALLOWEEN 2 Blu ray is on its way from PlanetAxel.Can't wait to see TERROR IN THE AISLES again.:)

kingofwitches666 31st August 2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 177958)
my HALLOWEEN 2 Blu ray is on its way from PlanetAxel.Can't wait to see TERROR IN THE AISLES again.:)

Yup mine too. Gotta love PlanetAxel when they send stuff out early! :D

Slippery Jack 31st August 2011 09:20 PM

Just got the R1 dvd of The Troll Hunter off amazon.com for a tenner including postage from the US. The most fun I had at Fright Fest :nod: . . .

pedromonkey 31st August 2011 10:09 PM

received these in the post today....

Event Horizon - Blu
Night Of The Living Dead - Blu (got the optimum version as it's apparently the better version compared to the network version)
Insanitarium - thanks to Demdike for posting stills from this, 2.50 new on amazon, great gory infection flick)