Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st August 2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 177949)
My Arrow Video collection is complete apart from the titles which have yet to be released as the postman delivered the regular Blu-ray of Battle Royale, to go with the limited edition DVD and Blu-ray sets.

The shell that was only half full of Arrow Video titles is now completely full and there are two DVDs (The Beyond and Battle Royale) which don't fit!

You will have to buy another shelf and a load more Arrow discs or The beyond and Battle Royale will look daft sat there amongst other films. :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st August 2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 177914)
Yep, the one with the face in the middle, the city below it and zombies at the top.

Didn't realise Rare stocked that edition.

I'll need to see what else he's got hiding.:)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 31st August 2011 10:48 PM

I watched THE HILLS HAVE EYES 1977 tonight,and althought it's never gonna be crystal clear picture wise,this is definetly the best I've seen it looking.Worth the upgrade IMO.:cool:

As soon as the disc loads we're treated to trailers of CHILDREN OF THE CORN,HELLRAISER and HELLRAISER II.:woot:

Daemonia 1st September 2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 177829)
Latest arrivals courtesy of oaxaca. :D

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Woah, nice. Where can you get one of these? I want one, since Synapse locked their BD. :censored:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st September 2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 177994)
Didn't realise Rare stocked that edition.

I'll need to see what else he's got hiding.:)

Actually, I think it was DTM and not Rare Horror DVDs, so I ordered it from the same place as you did and on the same day, only mine arrived a week or so earlier this some reason.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st September 2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 177988)
You will have to buy another shelf and a load more Arrow discs or The beyond and Battle Royale will look daft sat there amongst other films. :nod:

I can't buy another shelf as it's a whole shelving unit (one of the IKEA ones) so the only solution is some rearranging, probably splitting them into DVDs and BDs. Trouble is, with the amount of unwatched discs and ones I want on display, I just don't have that much room!

Baseball Fury 1st September 2011 11:41 AM

I went to the local Blockbuster in Exmouth whilst visiting my parents and picked up New Police Story (HKL), Jackie Chan's First Strike, The Magnificent Ambersons, Glengarry Glen Ross (2 disc), Creation and 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days for £12!

I've also ordered Devil's Kiss from Arrowdrome

Baseball Fury 1st September 2011 11:52 AM

Got my dispatch note from HMV yesterday for the Scarface steelbook. I'll post pictures when it turns up! It better not be a Source Code style stick-on

antmumford 1st September 2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 178055)
Got my dispatch note from HMV yesterday for the Scarface steelbook. I'll post pictures when it turns up! It better not be a Source Code style stick-on

I wouldn't have thought so, I've seen photos of the same steelbook released in other countries and it's a proper steelbook.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st September 2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 178055)

I've seen some pics of the US steel (which uses the same design) and it doesn't look like a stick-on to me.

I've ordered the Wooden Cigar Box version of Scarface, and am patiently awaiting my dispatch confirmation from Amazon... :ranger: