Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

vipco 22nd January 2010 11:35 AM

Thanks guys.
Sony have a sale on in the PS3 STORE with their film downloads and they give your offers in your most watched genre, I got their Horror sale list but dont fancy downloads, I prefer a disc and box with artwork when it comes to films.
Interestinly all the movies listed had Theatrical Version in the description, even those that are out on Blu in extended or full versions.

vipco 22nd January 2010 11:45 AM

GameStop are selling a range of BluRay disc's from £9 to £11.99, including TCM, DOTD, (US) Hostel, Vacancy, Holloween plus loads more, or only £5 for the more expensive disc's if you trade in a BluRay disc of your own when buying it.

I got some good films there, TCM, Hostel 1 & 2, NOTLD, RollerBall, Vacancy to name a few, though the Vacancy they have has a different cover than the one in HMV.

Oh, if anyone's from Belfast, JIM's in Smithfield carry a large range of BluRay disc's , new at £9 each or 4 for £30.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd January 2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 58896)
The Mutilator (Dragon)

German 'Dragon' ? If so, nice buy mate. :coolblue:

Just to chuck my 5 pence worth in on the Danny Dyer situation; I, too find him awful to the point of unbearable. So much so I'd actively avoid a film with him in it, even if the film sounded good.

MatOfTheDead 22nd January 2010 12:01 PM

Tidy little haul today
Dawn of the dead Bluray
Terminator Salvation Bluray
Demons on dvd (was only a pound from pound world)

Gojirosan 22nd January 2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 58896)
The Mutilator (Dragon)

I really like this film. For some reason I have never been able to pinpoint it seems to rise above the similar "home movie" slashers from around the same time. Whereas stuff like The Nailgun Massacre are just laughable, The Mutilator has something going for it.

I'm tempted to buy it myself so I can see it again!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd January 2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 58930)
Whereas stuff like The Nailgun Massacre are just laughable

The Nailgun Massacre is a guilty pleasure of mine... :o :makelikeatree:

Gojirosan 22nd January 2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 58932)
The Nailgun Massacre is a guilty pleasure of mine... :o :makelikeatree:

Mine too...sssssshh though!

:lol:

Pete 22nd January 2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 58930)
I really like this film. For some reason Ihave never been able to pinpoint it seems to rise above the similar "home movie" slashers from around the same time. Whereas stuff like The Nailgun Massacre are just laughable, The Mutilator has something going for it.

I'm tempted to buy it myself so I can see it again!

I haven't seen it for years, and I can't remeber a thing about it!:dizzy:

Yes BE its the German release. I have the uncut 'export' VHS released by Vipco (and their cut UK dvd) but I could never watch it becuase my video is on the blink. So this dvd will do nicely.

Pete 22nd January 2010 01:21 PM

Oh yeah I bought two dvd's today:

The Big Country
Shocker

for the whopping sum of £2

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd January 2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 58947)
Shocker

I really wish Shocker had been more successful.I would loved to have seen more of Horace Pinker.