Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th September 2011 05:53 PM

I've just ordered the PFI dual format release of L'Age d'Or, perhaps the greatest surreal movie. The set also comes with Un chien Andalou, one of the best short films I've ever seen. It'll probably trigger a Luis Buñuel marathon!

SamSanch3z 5th September 2011 05:55 PM

Just ordered:

Beyond the Darkness (Buio Omega) (Shriek Show's Blu-Ray + DVD Combo Pack)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th September 2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 179110)
I've just ordered the PFI dual format release of L'Age d'Or, perhaps the greatest surreal movie. The set also comes with Un chien Andalou, one of the best short films I've ever seen. It'll probably trigger a Luis Buñuel marathon!

Is that the Portugese Film Institute Nos? :cool:

Don't answer, i'm only being a git.:lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th September 2011 06:08 PM

I know you said don't answer, but I just want to say well spotted and that'll teach me (again) for not proofreading!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th September 2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 179110)

I have this one and it is a very nice release, Nos. :nod:

nekromantik 5th September 2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamSanch3z (Post 179112)
Just ordered:

Beyond the Darkness (Buio Omega) (Shriek Show's Blu-Ray + DVD Combo Pack)

how much did you pay?
I seen it for around £11 from amazon marketplace

SamSanch3z 5th September 2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 179134)
how much did you pay?
I seen it for around £11 from amazon marketplace

I'm in the U.S., and got it off eBay for about $13 shipped

kingofwitches666 5th September 2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalm-in-the-morning (Post 178989)
Got Priest on Blu, and 13 Assassins on DVD this morning. Priest looks pretty good from the trailer but seems to have lost a lot of money on release. Don't know if it ever got a cinema release in the uk?

It did. :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th September 2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 179133)
I have this one and it is a very nice release, Nos. :nod:

As it's from the BFI and the two films are masterpieces, it would be a crying shame if it was anything less than brilliant.

The 'coffee book' BD of A Bittersweet Life arrived today along with a small hardbox containing the Romero and Argento cuts of Dawn of the Dead, Netherworld and 'Ritter der Dämonen' (Tales from the Crypt to you and me).

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th September 2011 09:50 PM

The Korean 'coffee book' BD release of A Bittersweet Life arrived today, but I haven't yet taken off the shrinkwrap!

I couldn't believe how well it was packaged. It was inside a bubble wrap envelope which was inside a bubble wrap envelope which was inside another bubble wrap envelope and the whole thing was wrapped in plastic and parcel tape! I could have had a long game of pass the parcel with it and, looking at the package, thought it contained clothing rather than a mediabook!