Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th September 2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 179156)
As it's from the BFI and the two films are masterpieces, it would be a crying shame if it was anything less than brilliant.

The 'coffee book' BD of A Bittersweet Life arrived today along with a small hardbox containing the Romero and Argento cuts of Dawn of the Dead, Netherworld and 'Ritter der Dämonen' (Tales from the Crypt to you and me).

Is that the British Tales from the Crypt?

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th September 2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 179160)
Is that the British Tales from the Crypt?

I think it's Demon Knight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th September 2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 179162)

Demon Knight is a good film also.:nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th September 2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 179162)

it is Demon Knight, not the Amicus portmanteau film Tales from the Crypt.

Rik 5th September 2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 179164)
Demon Knight is a good film also.:nod:

Never seen the film, but I seem to remember it having a cracking soundtrack :rockon:

Nemesis 5th September 2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 179159)
The Korean 'coffee book' BD release of A Bittersweet Life arrived today, but I haven't yet taken off the shrinkwrap!

I couldn't believe how well it was packaged. It was inside a bubble wrap envelope which was inside a bubble wrap envelope which was inside another bubble wrap envelope and the whole thing was wrapped in plastic and parcel tape! I could have had a long game of pass the parcel with it and, looking at the package, thought it contained clothing rather than a mediabook!

I take it that you've not ordered from Merlin in Poland yet then - the amount of tape they used on the outside of the box and on the inner carboard box is enough to protect against a tank. It's a good 15 minutes job to demolish it with the scissors.

the blob 5th September 2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

The Korean 'coffee book' BD release of A Bittersweet Life arrived today, but I haven't yet taken off the shrinkwrap!

I couldn't believe how well it was packaged. It was inside a bubble wrap envelope which was inside a bubble wrap envelope which was inside another bubble wrap envelope and the whole thing was wrapped in plastic and parcel tape! I could have had a long game of pass the parcel with it and, looking at the package, thought it contained clothing rather than a mediabook!

Mine arrived today too but with a nice big 6" score mark on the back cover so it'll be going back for a replacement!

kingofwitches666 5th September 2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Got mine today too Nos, but a word of warning mate. Some of the pages in the mediabook are slightly bonded together so be careful when separating them. I have a couple of pages that came away with bits of the opposite page stuck on them! :(

Saying that yours maybe ok.

Other than that, it's a beautiful edition.

nekromantik 5th September 2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamSanch3z (Post 179144)
I'm in the U.S., and got it off eBay for about $13 shipped

oh ok :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th September 2011 11:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Picked up these today! :woot: