Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 22nd January 2010 01:48 PM

I have never seen it, although the guy behind the counter in CEX pratically gave away the whole film while he was serving me:mad:

42ndStreetFreak 22nd January 2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 58950)
I really wish Shocker had been more successful.I would loved to have seen more of Horace Pinker.

*Shudder* I despise "Shocker". Classic example of truly awful 90's American horror.

As for Dyer....The man himself seems like a prick, but actually he very, very rarely plays characters like his non-film persona.
I actually like him in films, where he seems not to play up to his truly obnoxious wideboy attitude.

Gojirosan 22nd January 2010 02:41 PM

I watched Shocker again recently as it was on the "free" Picturebox service on BT VIsion. I had rented it on VHS back when it came out in that format and remembered it as being kind of OK. Oh dear! Watching it again years later I realised it was possibly Craven's worst film (and he's done a few duffers!) - it's all over the place and the dialogue is cringe inducing!

Glad you got it for pennies, Loops! Hope you get more out of it than I did on my second viewing!

Philleh 22nd January 2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 58752)
That the Eyecatcher release Phil?

I'd say it was the weakest of the "Schoolgirls In Peril" trilogy, but an awesome performance by Testi and a euro-horror must have IMO. :nod:

It is indeed mate, number 485 of 500! :woot:

I agree, it's the weakest but I had to have it so I had the Trilogy on DVD. :)

Either my Art of Love (Severin) or New York Ripper BR has arrived today too! Alright!

nekromantik 22nd January 2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 58966)
It is indeed mate, number 485 of 500! :woot:

I agree, it's the weakest but I had to have it so I had the Trilogy on DVD. :)

Either my Art of Love (Severin) or New York Ripper BR has arrived today too! Alright!

My NYR blu should be here either tomorrow or Monday hopefully. MT usually take a week though.

Philleh 22nd January 2010 04:02 PM

It was NYR that arrived! Happy times.

Sam 22nd January 2010 06:42 PM

I picked up The Dark Knight 2-disc blu ray for £4.98 in the gamestation sale today!:happy: They had a few blu rays reduced but TDK was the only one I was interested in.

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd January 2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 59020)
I picked up The Dark Knight 2-disc blu ray for £4.98 in the gamestation sale today!

A bargain at that price. :nod:

nekromantik 22nd January 2010 10:34 PM

Just picked up Transformers Double Pack on blu....its my guilty pleasure although part 2 did go a bit downwards towards the end.

antmumford 22nd January 2010 11:13 PM

Leon

Without a doubt the best Blu-Ray I've seen so far is Luc Besson's Leon. If you haven't bought it already, buy it now. It's currently on sale in HMV. If you haven't seen it yet, still buy it now. The film is phenomenal. FULL STOP

I've still got about another 10 Blu-Rays to watch in my collection but they're all Nature documentaries (other than The Fog and The Thing, can't wait to see them)really but still if I see anything outstanding I'll let you know.