Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 8th September 2011 07:17 PM

Btw haven't checked if the covers of Haunted and Mardi Gras Massacre are reversible yet.

Daemonia 8th September 2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 179721)
Region locked I'm afraid.Can't be 100% sure but it looks like a better transfer.

Thanks for that, Reaps. Ah well, just as well I ordered the region-free ABUS BD before it disappears altogether. I ordered from a reliable seller on eBay - it was the same seller as on Amazon, but a fraction cheaper. Just hope they send the correct disc I've ordered, it'd be just my luck if they send me the new region-locked disc.

So, Image are region-locking these Midnight Madness titles then, are they? What's the point of that? Less sales. Do these companies have something against global selling and making more money than they otherwise would? :loco:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 8th September 2011 10:33 PM

HILLS is region locked as well.:rolleyes:

keirarts 9th September 2011 06:51 AM

watched 13 assasins last night.

Bit of a plodder for the first 30 minutes, massively entertaining for the rest. Definately one worth watching and it looks gorgeous on blu-ray.

Daemonia 9th September 2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 179767)
HILLS is region locked as well.:rolleyes:

Oh well, that's the way it goes, I s'pose. It seems incredible to me that region-free BD players aren't the norm yet. By this point in DVD's cycle multi-region players were readily available and nearly all new players coming out were hackable. BD seems to be taking its merry time achieving similar status. Where are all the cheap and cheerful BD players of the kind that we enjoyed with DVD? Are BD players really that hard to hack or modify? I need something a bit more affordable than what is available at the moment. Are there any cheap multi-region machines out there yet?

the blob 9th September 2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 179810)
Oh well, that's the way it goes, I s'pose. It seems incredible to me that region-free BD players aren't the norm yet. By this point in DVD's cycle multi-region players were readily available and nearly all new players coming out were hackable. BD seems to be taking its merry time achieving similar status. Where are all the cheap and cheerful BD players of the kind that we enjoyed with DVD? Are BD players really that hard to hack or modify? I need something a bit more affordable than what is available at the moment. Are there any cheap multi-region machines out there yet?

The BDA are monitoring like hawks, especially now they have online firmware upgrade ability. Even some of the cheap Chinese players that were hackable have been forced to have firmware upgrades to close the loophole. Absurd really.

Baseball Fury 9th September 2011 12:08 PM

Just got the bargain of a lifetime from HMV Peterborough. cracking stuff! It's around £50 online!

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...9-09130324.jpg

Rik 9th September 2011 12:09 PM

It's annoying, I've only recently got a Blu Ray player(free of charge from my mother-in-law), and I can't even hack it for dvd's so I still have to watch my region 1 releases on an old non upscaling dvd player, and there's no way I'm willing to fork out a small fortune for a multi-region player.:mmph:

Hugh 9th September 2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 179818)
It's annoying, I've only recently got a Blu Ray player(free of charge from my mother-in-law), and I can't even hack it for dvd's so I still have to watch my region 1 releases on an old non upscaling dvd player, and there's no way I'm willing to fork out a small fortune for a multi-region player.:mmph:

You might be lucky and find a TECHNIKA BRSS10 at a Tesco's. I picked up a display model for 40 notes.

Keep an eye out on ebay, tesco_outlet have put a few on lately as refurbs with 12 months warranty for about £45.

Not a brilliant player (Wont play T2 skynet edition) but will do all region on DVD and switchable between A, B & C for Blu. Wouldn't worry about a firmware update removing this facility, as no matter how many times I try, I can't get the thing to connect for any firmware updates.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th September 2011 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My first dvd for two weeks arrived today. X-The Unknown.