Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 10th September 2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 180160)
But aren't AA meetings meant to stop your cravings?

This forum is as much use as a chocolate fireguard if thats the case. :doh:

True, maybe we need to set up some kind of 12 step program to help with our addiction

pedromonkey 10th September 2011 05:32 PM

cult-labs is like a drug dealer, some ones says this film is good, all of a sudden everyone wants to try some, they then get other people to try some and so on. the only plus side is that we don't end up in hospital, unless a tower of discs falls on top of you.

sawyer6 10th September 2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 180163)
cult-labs is like a drug dealer, some ones says this film is good, all of a sudden everyone wants to try some, they then get other people to try some and so on. the only plus side is that we don't end up in hospital, unless a tower of discs falls on top of you.

And you are a severe case :tongue1:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th September 2011 05:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Artwork person should have been shot Bruno!:nod:

Latest preorders......

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th September 2011 05:39 PM

4 Attachment(s)
....And today's arrivals!

Rik 10th September 2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 180169)
Artwork person should have been shot Bruno!:nod:

Latest preorders......

ROTLD is Region A locked, am I right?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th September 2011 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One of the greatest flicks ever to grace our screens was preordered today.
Criminally ignored by so-called film buffs,the academy and the likes of Siskel and Erbert,years since joining here,dodgy other versions from Germany,it gives me great pleasure to finally know I have this coming on a fully uncut 'remastered' dvd.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you.........

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th September 2011 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh,and the greatest 'Repeat Heart-Ripping movie' arrived today......:lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th September 2011 05:46 PM

Yeah,I think it is Rik.

platostotal 10th September 2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 180161)
The lord of the rings saga milked from me a lot of money.I have every soundtrack 3 times each ,the theatrical versions dvds,the extended gift set versions dvds,the theatrical versions bd and I'm thinking for the extended bd box set when the price drops.Consider that I found the adaptation of the books (minus the first) awful :rolleyes:

For me the best adaptations are the bbc radio4 audio series of both THE HOBBIT and LOTR, LOTR(from 1978) runs about 13 hours in 26 episodes, as I recall. very good acting and sound production. THE HOBBIT is older(1968ish) and runs about 4 hours but had to be reconstructed as the beeb wiped it!! in the 70s, as it's mono the sound isn't up to LOTR standards, but a good listen none the less.