Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

re.form 24th January 2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 59202)
:nod:
One of Britain's finest Vince,and funnily enough,is overlooked when it comes to 'the babysitter in peril' theme,predating Black Christmas by three years.:cool:

I agree, Fright is wonderful. Susan George is excellent, as is the cast of Minder. I think Fright and Death Line are two of my favourite films of the 70's and seem to be often overlooked.

I recently watched Blood from the Mummy's tomb. One of the better Hammers from the same early 70's period.

42ndStreetFreak 26th January 2010 08:41 AM

It's funny how Cole and Waterman never actually met in "Fright", and each had no idea they had worked in the same film together when they started "Minder".

"Whiteout"

"Smokin' Aces 2"

"Mersrine part 1 & part 2"

Pete 26th January 2010 11:28 AM

My Redemption Black Cat turned up this morning and when I opened the case the EC Disc was inside along with the EC booklet (and a card for Redemptions phone sex line!).

edit: Just found out Redmeption licensed the EC disc.

Pigasus 26th January 2010 11:53 AM

Just ordered on R1 DVD: Lathe Of Heaven (2002)... Ursula Le Guin's novel was great. I really liked the 1980 TV movie (starring Bruce Davison). Hope this remake will be just as good. Has anyone already seen it?

Gojirosan 26th January 2010 01:34 PM

Recent arrivals to Chez Goji include:

The Hanging Woman/The Sweet Sound Of Death
Ring, Ring 2 and Ring 0
Hatchet For The Honeymoon

and a few others I have mentioned in the "What have you seen recently" thread.

Still waiting for this Blind Dead box! :(

gag 26th January 2010 02:04 PM

just recently Got

omen remake with alternative ending
the concrete jungle...womens prison
Tokyo raiders
Hills have eyes remake extended cut
Harry hill live
Memoirs of a geisha

all for £9

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th January 2010 06:15 PM

I got the Omen remake in the Omen blu-ray boxset.I've watched it once and it will never get watched again.Absolute bollocks.

Rob Strange 26th January 2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 59634)

Still waiting for this Blind Dead box! :(

I want to pick up the Blind Dead films, but I'm a bit put off by talk of cuts and PAL>NTSC transfers. Did you order the US or UK set?

42ndStreetFreak 26th January 2010 07:09 PM

"The Keeper" - Stevie the Seagull flick that looked cool in the trailer. Hey, you take the risks right?

"Dr Who - "The Curse of Peladon/"The Monster of Peladon". Box set (1972/1974)

LineSix 26th January 2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak (Post 59679)
"Dr Who - "The Curse of Peladon/"The Monster of Peladon". Box set (1972/1974)

Good choice! Doctor Who is awesome, although I have to say I'm not that interested in the new series, it's pretty good but just doesn't have the same feel that the classics had. In the classic series you would get a storyline carefully developing over six or so episodes (give or take), now it's just one 45 minute flash in the pan and thats it, done and dusted.