Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Inspector Abberline 10th May 2015 03:30 PM

bought

1 Attachment(s)
Ive alot of luv for this film as ITV/HTV (regional variation applicable to your own region) showed this alot back in the day,also alot of luv for Segal,(the actor not the one legged rubbish bothers and ice cream bandits you get at the seafront)my schools film club even showed it, features an appearance by the band Sparks ,I hope they remake with justin beiber and the f**king ride hits him.:glitter:

Attachment 163475

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th May 2015 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 448906)
Whats the Italian Collection edition of Midnight Train Murders like? I want to get it

If you mean Night Train Murders/Late Night Trains, it's really good, and I don't think has ever looked or sounded better.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th May 2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 448934)
If you mean Night Train Murders/Late Night Trains, it's really good, and I don't think has ever looked or sounded better.

Apparently it's exactly the same master/scan as the Blue Underground release, with some very slight additional clean-up work. The main difference is that there is Italian audio/English sub(dub)-titles.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th May 2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 448941)
Apparently it's exactly the same master/scan as the Blue Underground release, with some very slight additional clean-up work. The main difference is that there is Italian audio/English sub(dub)-titles.

I don't have the Blue Underground one, but would struggle to see if it could look any better.

I've only watched the 88 release once so far, and that was with the Italian track and English subtitles.

bdc 10th May 2015 06:20 PM

This arrived. :)

Satan ohne Gesicht, Der ( Bambola di Satana, La ) - The X-Rated Eurocult Collection #4 (Mediabook) (1969) -- Blu-ray + DVD combo, REGION 0?

This is Cover C btw.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/16kz9qd.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th May 2015 09:55 PM

Is it me or has 3/4 of Amazon's marketplace gone missing?

You type in a search such as Shout Factory and only one page of products appears.

monkeypedro 10th May 2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 448948)

You type in a search such as Shout Factory and only one page of products appears.

I noticed this a few weeks ago as every day i use Amazon to check if any bargains on certain companies products but the new search engine has made to harder to find stuff unless you know exactly what title you are looking to buy.

On the more positive side i am spending less because of it.

fuzzymctiger 10th May 2015 11:09 PM

Decided to buy myself some birthday presents yesterday.

Ordered the Long Good Friday/Mona Lisa Limited set and the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll from Arrow. Very excited, especially for the second.

VeZius 11th May 2015 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 448948)

I think Amazon has completely lost their mind!

I just noticed they have made some items exclusive to Amazon Prime members.

See this for example:

J Harker 11th May 2015 12:11 PM

My Crow steelbook from Zavvi has finally been dispatched nearly 3 months later than the original release date.

Frankenhooker 11th May 2015 12:44 PM

Picked up Arrow's 4-disc Dawn Of The Dead DVD in CEX, perfect condition, poster, booklet, everything.

I also bought Bloody Mama, Return Of The Living Dead and The Killing Of Sister George in HMV.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 448967)
I think Amazon has completely lost their mind!

I just noticed they have made some items exclusive to Amazon Prime members.

See this for example:

Thankfully it's just Amazon.com.... at the moment.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th May 2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 448974)
Thankfully it's just Amazon.com.... at the moment.

I'm only using Prime because I'm a student so it's half price, but that would suck big time if it was rolled out across to the UK and for major releases, making buying into Prime a necessity. I hope the Americans will hate it!

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 448976)
I'm only using Prime because I'm a student so it's half price, but that would suck big time if it was rolled out across to the UK and for major releases, making buying into Prime a necessity. I hope the Americans will hate it!

Our Prime is double the cost of what the Americans are charged.

VeZius 11th May 2015 02:19 PM

Living in Finland, I would have absolutely no reason to get Prime. So it's completely insane to do this... they're blocking sales to other countries this way.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th May 2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeZius (Post 448981)
Living in Finland, I would have absolutely no reason to get Prime. So it's completely insane to do this... they're blocking sales to other countries this way.

Living in the UK, I have no reason to get this... why would I want to pay £80 a year for 'next day' delivery that often doesn't arrive next day?... If you heed the complaints of many Prime members. Add to this the fact that I'm not an impatient shopper who will gladly wait a few days for his goods, then there is no way I'm prepared to fork over £80 for a service I should be getting as standard anyway - loads of other UK e-sellers have free postage irrelevant of the amount you order and ship pretty quickly too.

I was more than happy paying for my goods and waiting for them a little longer via the super saver shipping... however with this minimum order price hike and blatant push by Amazon to get people to sign up for Prime then I'll definitely be using Amazon a lot less from now on.

Frankenhooker 11th May 2015 03:09 PM

We had Amazon Prime as we forgot to cancel the trial. Instead of a year, we ended up getting eighteen months as every time something was late (we're talking a week, not days) I'd complain and they'd add a month to our subscription. I couldn't wait for it to end so my orders would be delivered via Royal Mail rather than some courier that couldn't find the house or pretend that they attempted delivery.

Terrible service for £80 a year.

VeZius 11th May 2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 448982)
Living in the UK, I have no reason to get this... why would I want to pay £80 a year for 'next day' delivery that often doesn't arrive next day?... If you heed the complaints of many Prime members. Add to this the fact that I'm not an impatient shopper who will gladly wait a few days for his goods, then there is no way I'm prepared to fork over £80 for a service I should be getting as standard anyway - loads of other UK e-sellers have free postage irrelevant of the amount you order and ship pretty quickly too.

I was more than happy paying for my goods and waiting for them a little longer via the super saver shipping... however with this minimum order price hike and blatant push by Amazon to get people to sign up for Prime then I'll definitely be using Amazon a lot less from now on.

Well that just makes even more sense to get Prime then. :lol: That's a hefty sum for nothing.

I used to buy stuff from Amazon UK all the time, but now I only make couple of orders a year, since they stopped doing the "super saver shipping" to several countries. I moved a lot of my purchases to Amazon US, I guess kinda to catch up with all the awesome US releases that I didn't get to buy, cos Amazon UK was taking my money. Now they want me to stop doing that also...

I've been moving my purchases to Diabolikdvd a lot lately (they are the best at the packaging parcels business!), but they're only good for the cult stuff.

demonknight 11th May 2015 03:51 PM

Motivational Growth on DVD.

Nordicdusk 11th May 2015 04:10 PM

No films today but just as important I got 40 protective cases for my steelbooks.

plasterface 11th May 2015 06:50 PM

growth

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 448993)
Motivational Growth on DVD.

been after that for ages but alas no region 2 release

demonknight 11th May 2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 449009)
been after that for ages but alas no region 2 release

Motivational Growth DVD from Parade Deck Films is region free. Picked it up on Amazon in the US.

trebor8273 11th May 2015 08:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163478

Attachment 163479

Attachment 163480

Attachment 163481

plasterface 11th May 2015 08:37 PM

growth

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 449011)
Motivational Growth DVD from Parade Deck Films is region free. Picked it up on Amazon in the US.

cool amazon uk said region 1

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th May 2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 448943)
This arrived. :)

Satan ohne Gesicht, Der ( Bambola di Satana, La ) - The X-Rated Eurocult Collection #4 (Mediabook) (1969) -- Blu-ray + DVD combo, REGION 0?

This is Cover C btw.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/16kz9qd.jpg

Nice cover Bruno-and nice to see you back posting again!:)

MuckyFunster 11th May 2015 10:38 PM

I only made it through the first couple of episodes of "Penny Dreadful", then I gave up on it. Too much silence; too much looking off into middle distance. Much like my opinion of "Hannibal" the TV show, it's just far too far up its own arse. Too much flash and not enough substance.

I don't use Amazon anymore because of their actions towards book publishers. Forcing them to lower the cost of their physical books with the threats of only offering kindle editions for sale. Terrible terrible stuff.

platostotal 11th May 2015 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Poundland had this DVD, read terrible things about it so wouldn't consider it worth buying, but for £1... for a 'dud' I really liked this Luc Besson produced French brainless high body-count action flick, tho Travolta plays almost the exact same character as in Broken Arrow:lol::lol: although he clearly is having a ball here, think Transporter kinda mindlessness...

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 449075)
Poundland had this DVD, read terrible things about it so wouldn't consider it worth buying, but for £1... for a 'dud' I really liked this Luc Besson produced French brainless high body-count action flick, tho Travolta plays almost the exact same character as in Broken Arrow:lol::lol: although he clearly is having a ball here, think Transporter kinda mindlessness...

I love it Plato. Daft mindless brutality from the Besson stable. :nod:

keirarts 12th May 2015 06:35 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163489 Attachment 163490

Attachment 163491 Attachment 163492

A few more random pick ups.

Frankenhooker 12th May 2015 01:31 PM

Day off so geared myself up for the trek to Fopp. I'm glad I did. They had a bunch of Second Sight titles for sale including Friedkin's The Guardian (I like it despite the critical kicking) which cost me £3, From Beyond and the Basket Case trilogy, both costing £7. I also bought Peeping Tom and My Winnipeg.

Oh, and I had the directors cut of Nymphomaniac drop through the letter box.

Nordicdusk 12th May 2015 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163494

These arrived from Zavvi only order Friday very fast so will be ordering from them again. The Dead Man steelbook is even more beautiful in person.

bdc 12th May 2015 10:20 PM

German blu arrivals :)

Blood Diner (1987) -- Blu-ray, REGION B,? (New Vision Films)
Fright Night (1985) -- Blu-ray, REGION ABC (Sony)

http://dv1.us/p1/209/240209-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/196/227196-d0.jpg

keirarts 13th May 2015 06:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163502 Attachment 163503

Attachment 163504

Moon of the wolf was 0.13p!

Susan Foreman 13th May 2015 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 449183)

Looks suspiciously like the album cover to Venom's "At War With Satan"

trebor8273 13th May 2015 09:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Two deliveries today

Attachment 163507

Attachment 163508

Sobral 13th May 2015 09:55 AM

http://s18.postimg.org/bz9vnpbe1/DSCF5170.jpg

The cover is horrible, but I already have City & House on DVD and NYR on BD (cut), so I didn't want to spend too much... Maybe I'll do some custom covers.

Nordicdusk 13th May 2015 03:46 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163513 Attachment 163514 Attachment 163515 Attachment 163516
Attachment 163517 Attachment 163518

I ordered these from Zavvi 2 for €15. The only one I have ever seen is The Stuff many moons ago I only remember as a kid I was terrified of the black guy on the back of the vhs with the wide open mouth. Any opinions on the rest.

Rik 13th May 2015 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 449223)
The only one I have ever seen is The Stuff many moons ago I only remember as a kid I was terrified of the black guy on the back of the vhs with the wide open mouth. Any opinions on the rest.

That cover used to scare the crap outta me as a kid too!

Only ever seen the film once, years ago but the Arrow Blu is currently sat sealed in my to watch pile :nod:

Nordicdusk 13th May 2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 449224)
That cover used to scare the crap outta me as a kid too!

Only ever seen the film once, years ago but the Arrow Blu is currently sat sealed in my to watch pile :nod:

Nice to know I'm not alone :lol:

demonknight 13th May 2015 04:32 PM

Curtains in HD, from Amazon in Germany.