Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151369Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th June 2011, 10:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A Better Tomorrow, Hard Boiled and The Killer are the top 3 Woo, you've got a cracking deal!
Old 27th June 2011, 10:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Looking around, the dvd seems really expensive brand new but not much more than I paid for it when second hand. I'm really looking forward to this coming now, it's been a while since I watched a good action film.
Old 27th June 2011, 11:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Axel dispatched Insidious today!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 28th June 2011, 06:02 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Latest Axel orders......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 013132146690oo_300x200.jpg (16.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 096009014414_300x200.jpg (20.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 631595101096_300x200.jpg (18.7 KB, 47 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th June 2011, 08:13 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Amazon.com have shipped The Nesting and Galaxina / The Crater Lake Monster.

I was looking at Zombie Holocaust a couple of days ago as a blind buy because I'm never seen it -- any good?
Old 28th June 2011, 08:18 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Hard Boiled is another great film but i would rank The Killer as John Woo's best film, it really is a great flick and apart from the action has a really good story,
Where do you rank Bullet in the Head? In three different to The Killer, A Better Tomorrow and Hard Boiled, but is a brilliant movie.
Old 28th June 2011, 10:12 AM
Cultist

Just got THE NESTING, great to see this again after many years & BU have done an excellent job on this transfer it looks amazing, i've also just ordered the blu of ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST (Region free) can't wait to watch this again & am thinking of also purchasing ZOMBIE 3,BURIAL GROUND, i presume this will also be region free, i've also just watched WORLD OF THE DEAD,ZOMBIE DIARIES 2, this like the 1st film was okay, not as good as i'd expected but quite passable
Old 28th June 2011, 11:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Watched BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE last night and loved the transfer, (as to the whole aspect ratio debacle, Storaro's univisium didn't really affect my enjoyment of the film I'm glad to say).

I've just ordered TENEBRAE. Though I'm a little concerned about things I've heard about its transfer quality, with speculation of "applied grain after DNR" in a couple of reviews and message boards but I've also read reviews stating it still has a more than decent level of detail and excellent colour contrast. Still, I can't help collecting arrow films, their packages and extras are just superb. I'll be getting THE FUNHOUSE when it gets down to £15 or so.

I'm tempted with ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST too (never seen it either, Nos!) which came out today, but I'm holding out for a few reviews as to AV first before taking the plunge. Its very reasonably priced on axel, moreso than amazon. I hear its a cheap and cheerful rip off of ZFE, made by some guy who worked with Fulci on ZFE (I hope its not a dire as Hinzman's "tribute" (ha) to Romero, Zombie Nosh lol)

I've also heard that the recent German BD release of THE QUIET EARTH is more than shambolic unfortunately so I'm gonna have to give that a miss and just get a DVD copy I think.

ps. Glad you enjoyed THE NESTING Tombsy, what a stunning transfer huh!

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 28th June 2011, 11:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Rituals arrived! Can't wait to finally see a decent print of this excellent flick.
Old 28th June 2011, 11:43 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Amazon.com have shipped The Nesting and Galaxina / The Crater Lake Monster.

I was looking at Zombie Holocaust a couple of days ago as a blind buy because I'm never seen it -- any good?
Zombie Holocaust (even though very low budget) is nowhere near as 'good' as similar Italian zombie cheese-fests Burial Ground, Zombie Creeping Flesh, and Nightmare City, in my opinion, but is still a pretty fun flick.

I'll be getting the Blu too (after having it on pre-order since September last year!).
Pete likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!