All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151384Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th June 2012, 04:05 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by damek View Post
BTW is this Django vs Sartana? ..... Is that like some spaghetti western type of Alien vs Predator? LMFAO!
Yes! Though they usually end up teaming up!

there are actually at least three Django vs/meets/challenges/etc Sartana films! All made around the same time in 1970!

Joe D'Amato was the cinematographer on this one.
Old 7th June 2012, 04:07 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Yes!

there are actually at least three Django vs/meets/challenges/etc Sartana films! All made around the same time in 1970!
Haha! Man that's ****ing cool. Tell me all about it whilst Im handling some business. See ya in a few minutes !
Old 7th June 2012, 04:14 PM
Ex-member

Tell me all about it, my friend.
Old 7th June 2012, 04:17 PM
Ex-member

gojirosan? tell me about Django vs Sartana movies.
Old 7th June 2012, 04:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Soz, distracted!

Well, Django's character has already been milked and stolen to death within the SW industry, so as soon as the first Sartana films were hits that character was pounced upon too!

I have never seen Pasquale Squitieri's Django Defies Sartana, but in it Django thinks Sartana has killed his brother and hunts him down only to find he's innocent and they team up to get the real killers. I believe it's a cheap and cheerful SW, but it must have made money because within a couple of months of its release another Django and Sartana film was released...

...there is a "legendary" director called Demofilo Fedani who is often lovingly called "The Ed Wood Of The Spaghettis" () who did very cheap films as "Miles Deem". He was the man behind One Damned Day At Dawn...Django Meets Sartana! and Django and Sartana Are Coming...It's The End! which are both really cheaply made but imbued with a clearly detectable enthusiasm which is infectious to the viewer. Hunt Powers (Jack Betts) was never as charismatic as Eastwood or Nero, but he was obviously affordable and he appeared in both.

Originally One Damned Day At Dawn... was just another Django rip-off, but it seems that but the sheriff hero was hastily renamed "Sartana" after Squitieri's film was released. And this in turn must have made money as Fedani followed it up very quickly with Django And Sartana Are Coming... in which Django agrees to help Sartana rescue a kidnapped woman who is in the clutches of "Black Burt" () who is played hysterically by Gordon Mitchell at his most manic and deranged. This film seems to have been intended as a Django and Sartana vehicle from the start.

If you realise that Squitieri's film was released in April 1970 and Fedani's second film was released in November 1970 you begin to appreciate the speed with which the low budget SW industry churned out these things!
Old 7th June 2012, 04:45 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Since Axel's free shipping is still going, I ordered this one a bit earlier than I was originally going to:

Old 7th June 2012, 05:47 PM
Cult Addict

Suck's that i'm skint and can't use PlanetAxel while the Free World Wide shipping continues. With any luck it might become standard policy.

DVD and BD collection
Old 7th June 2012, 05:51 PM
Cult Addict

They where all probably better than most of the high budget crossover's 'Cough' AvP 'Cough'.

DVD and BD collection
Old 7th June 2012, 06:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

got these today

Old 7th June 2012, 06:53 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Soz, distracted!

Well, Django's character has already been milked and stolen to death within the SW industry, so as soon as the first Sartana films were hits that character was pounced upon too!

I have never seen Pasquale Squitieri's Django Defies Sartana, but in it Django thinks Sartana has killed his brother and hunts him down only to find he's innocent and they team up to get the real killers. I believe it's a cheap and cheerful SW, but it must have made money because within a couple of months of its release another Django and Sartana film was released...

...there is a "legendary" director called Demofilo Fedani who is often lovingly called "The Ed Wood Of The Spaghettis" () who did very cheap films as "Miles Deem". He was the man behind One Damned Day At Dawn...Django Meets Sartana! and Django and Sartana Are Coming...It's The End! which are both really cheaply made but imbued with a clearly detectable enthusiasm which is infectious to the viewer. Hunt Powers (Jack Betts) was never as charismatic as Eastwood or Nero, but he was obviously affordable and he appeared in both.

Originally One Damned Day At Dawn... was just another Django rip-off, but it seems that but the sheriff hero was hastily renamed "Sartana" after Squitieri's film was released. And this in turn must have made money as Fedani followed it up very quickly with Django And Sartana Are Coming... in which Django agrees to help Sartana rescue a kidnapped woman who is in the clutches of "Black Burt" () who is played hysterically by Gordon Mitchell at his most manic and deranged. This film seems to have been intended as a Django and Sartana vehicle from the start.

If you realise that Squitieri's film was released in April 1970 and Fedani's second film was released in November 1970 you begin to appreciate the speed with which the low budget SW industry churned out these things!
Well written, interesting reply, man!, Grashaaaas (c) Q. Tarantino

Like this? Share it using the links below!