Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151370Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

My copy of Tetsuo came today - finally.
It was released on the 8th October, my copy was dispatched on the 26th.
Sent 18 days after release, and arrived 26 days after the day of release. And people moan when their stuff comes a day or two late.
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:11 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
One of the Guardian's reviewers – Peter Bradshaw I think – so that, without a funny screenplay to deliver, Steve Carrell looks and sounds like a serial killer. When I saw it, I realised he does as he seems very creepy. Apart from that and though it's generally mediocre, I quite liked the film.
I thought it was nice to see steve carrell not doing the hyper man child routine, and also it was nice to see an apoclyptic comedy not pulling its punches with the apocalyptic stuff, not a perfect movie, or even a great one, but worth watching imo.
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:17 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Session 9 turned up at work years ago with zero publicity, I spent the next year making every customer rent the damnned film!
I think there are two other people on the earth who like me, thought this was nothing special. Perhaps I should give it another go now that I'm totally ghosted up of late.
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i just can't stop buying....

Killer Joe is a Pre-Order.

Boyz N The Hood and L.A Confidential came to £8.20 because i used my staff discount and a £5.00 Gift card i got with Hunger Games.
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I think there are two other people on the earth who like me, thought this was nothing special. Perhaps I should give it another go now that I'm totally ghosted up of late.
I'm one of them.

Trying to watch this monotonous dirge again will ruin your love of all things ghostly i suspect.
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Session 9 turned up at work years ago with zero publicity, I spent the next year making every customer rent the damnned film!
I'd have joined Global Video if you'd recommended it to me.
Old 4th November 2012, 07:08 AM
Cult Rookie

Session 9 is certainly a divider amongst people , either love or hate... I thought it was very effective , its a slow burner and the script is fairly light but they use the location to its fullest and its got that real creepy atmosphere with a decent pay off. I told one of my friends about it who blind bought it and he thought it was boring and had a crap ending so I swiftly got in there and bought it off him !
So your definitely not alone in your disappointment
VicDakin likes this.
Old 4th November 2012, 07:14 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I'd have joined Global Video if you'd recommended it to me.
I actually had quite a lot of people thank me for reccommending it, and I managed to push a lot of people into renting THE MACHINIST on the strength of it.

Each to their own I suppose.

(i'm also a david caruso fan I should add!)
Old 4th November 2012, 07:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinker View Post
Session 9 is certainly a divider amongst people , either love or hate... I thought it was very effective , its a slow burner and the script is fairly light but they use the location to its fullest and its got that real creepy atmosphere with a decent pay off. I told one of my friends about it who blind bought it and he thought it was boring and had a crap ending so I swiftly got in there and bought it off him !
So your definitely not alone in your disappointment
I just got session 9 from eBay he other day, but I haven't watched it yet.

When I bought the Masters of Horror Boxset, one of the episodes said 'from the director of Session 9 and The Machinist', so I thought I'd check out he films before viewing the episode. The same goes for the film The Changeling I got from Amazon the other day.
Slinker likes this.
Old 4th November 2012, 08:51 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I've tried to watch it twice and never got further in than half an hour either time.

I didn't dislike it, per se, it just didn't grip me. I suspect that in the right mood, I would see it through to the end.

Like this? Share it using the links below!