Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151368Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th March 2013, 06:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

A few more arrivals.

It may appear that rather than saving any money at the moment I am continuing to spend, this is true. In three months time I will be completely out of debt, I plan to save the money that would have gone to pay this off, except for £34. Of course this only counts if I'm back at work. Saying that I've certainly not been buying as much as usual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blus200313.jpg (51.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 20th March 2013, 06:26 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Man of Violence is really good.

(Private Road is pretty decent too!)
Old 20th March 2013, 06:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
A few more arrivals.

It may appear that rather than saving any money at the moment I am continuing to spend, this is true. In three months time I will be completely out of debt, I plan to save the money that would have gone to pay this off, except for £34. Of course this only counts if I'm back at work. Saying that I've certainly not been buying as much as usual.
No need to justify your spending when Metallicbomb is around.
Old 20th March 2013, 06:39 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicbomb View Post
I Know, but seriously the poor chap pulled the van outside my house, and seeing him come down the path with boxes/giffi bags up to his chin, it gave me shivers to think about my savings balance after all these.
Bet it's one hell of a chin too! Is this your postman by any chance?
uploadfromtaptalk1363808386635.jpg
Old 20th March 2013, 06:40 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It is!
Old 20th March 2013, 06:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post

(Private Road is pretty decent too!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
It is!
Looking forward to seeing both!

and from the Adelphi Collection I forgot to mention The Crowded Day is amazing, I'm sure it isn't everyone's cup of tea but it's a really great film.
Old 20th March 2013, 06:46 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just arrived...last double dip for now...I really like this film and my dvd was all scratched when I got it from a French collector so I needed another one.
It's a rarer mainland China release (with English subs),btw there only exists one dvd release of this one.

Return of the Demon (1987) (Zoke Culture)

Last edited by bdc; 20th March 2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 20th March 2013, 06:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
A few more arrivals.

Sharon, have you picked up Deep End or Duffer yet? (I don't keep up with this thread, so sorry if you've mentioned them.) Deep End from Jerzy Skolimowski is an essential addition to your Flipside collection!

I also have quite the soft spot for Duffer - it's a curious, underground British film about a relationship between two men in which one is domineering and abusive. It's quite surreal and a real curiosity, not unlike Eraserhead with its odd visuals and bleak black and white imagery. It was filmed in Notting Hill Gate if I recall. I first heard about it years ago from Steven Thrower, who remembered it being on late night TV many, many years ago. I was thrilled to bits when BFI released it, and on Blu Ray of all things, as it'd only been a myth until that point and completely unobtainable.
Old 20th March 2013, 07:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Sharon, have you picked up Deep End or Duffer yet? (I don't keep up with this thread, so sorry if you've mentioned them.) Deep End from Jerzy Skolimowski is an essential addition to your Flipside collection!

I also have quite the soft spot for Duffer - it's a curious, underground British film about a relationship between two men in which one is domineering and abusive. It's quite surreal and a real curiosity, not unlike Eraserhead with its odd visuals and bleak black and white imagery. It was filmed in Notting Hill Gate if I recall. I first heard about it years ago from Steven Thrower, who remembered it being on late night TV many, many years ago. I was thrilled to bits when BFI released it, and on Blu Ray of all things, as it'd only been a myth until that point and completely unobtainable.
Not yet, both are on my list but I haven't seen them quite cheap enough, although I think Duffer would be my next buy as that isn't too bad but Deep End is always quite expensive when I've looked - at the same time I feel like it will never go that cheap and I might just miss out on it!
Old 20th March 2013, 07:51 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Bet it's one hell of a chin too! Is this your postman by any chance?
Attachment 103997
Sorry to disappoint you but my postman is some skinny young guy but with my orders I'm sure I will have him looking like that by the end of the month.

Like this? Share it using the links below!