Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers (Arrow)

Nosfertatu.

Dr Mabuse (Der Spieler)

The People Under The Stairs (Arrow).
Old 20th November 2013, 07:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

That looks pretty cool, can you let us know if it's region free when it arrives please
troggi likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th November 2013, 07:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That looks pretty cool, can you let us know if it's region free when it arrives please
Bluray.com says it is and most if not all Warner's seem too be
Rik and troggi like this.
Old 20th November 2013, 07:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Now look what arrived.

Love Butcher, The (1975)
Trick or Treats (1982)
Vengeance (1968)

All Code Red dvd's.

Old 20th November 2013, 09:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Everything happens so fast how could they comment on it, like it first time I saw in but wasn't keen second viewing. Found that action was to fast to see what was going no real story apart from the beginning on krypton and Lois and superman meet and just fell in love ??? Still have it on order but once again dc are getting there ass kicked by marvel with movies of late
I think the action is amazing, especially the fight in Smallville. I hate super-fast editing and thankfully MoS didn't succumb to it, it's exhilarating, I went to see it four times at the cinema which is something I've NEVER done before.

As for the Lois and Superman thing, he saved her life when he first met her, and then continued to throughout the film, so after going through all that chances are they'd have feelings for each other

I totally disagree about Marvel, those films are so overrated and childish, The Avengers has all the mindless city destruction but without the heart.
Invid Ninja and troggi like this.
Old 20th November 2013, 09:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
I think the action is amazing, especially the fight in Smallville. I hate super-fast editing and thankfully MoS didn't succumb to it, it's exhilarating, I went to see it four times at the cinema which is something I've NEVER done before.

As for the Lois and Superman thing, he saved her life when he first met her, and then continued to throughout the film, so after going through all that chances are they'd have feelings for each other

I totally disagree about Marvel, those films are so overrated and childish, The Avengers has all the mindless city destruction but without the heart.
I was probably being to harsh on it definitely better than superman verses a giant rock aka superman returns and cavill is a very believable superman I just hope they end up doing something with brainiac or darkseid.
troggi likes this.
Old 20th November 2013, 09:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
definitely better than superman verses a giant rock aka superman returns
You're right there, my God that film was boring.
troggi likes this.
Old 20th November 2013, 10:00 PM
Cult Addict

I really liked Superman Returns. But Man of Steel is far better. Easily one of the best films I've seen this year. And I don't get all the fast editing criticism at all.
troggi likes this.
Old 20th November 2013, 10:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I don't want t' get into a Marvel U versus DC U but I do think Marvel have the edge at the mo'. "Green Lantern" was...iffy, the old "Batman" movies and the more recent "Dark Knight" trilogy were great (on the whole), "Cat Woman" (shiver), "Swamp Thing" ah you'd all forgotton about him, "Constantine" great (SCOUSE not wooden) character, the old "Superman" and, indeed, "Supergirl" were okay-ish, "Superman Returns" (yawn), and last but not least, "Man of Steel"...ooh, contentious!

On the Marvel side of the fence: "Spiderman" films, "Amazing" or not, have been relatively good (treat 'em like the old "Batman" movies), "X-Men" much the same, "Punisher" if you don't like these films you're better off watching romantic comedies, "Fantastic Four" er, a bit wet but I've always seen the FF as kiddie friendly, "Captain America" worth waiting for, "Avengers Assemble" would have been better if they could have gotten nearer to the original Avengers team (not even a look in from Spidey as his home town is trashed due to "contractual Obligations), "Ironman" gotta love ole tinribs, "Hulk" will always be tricky because of CGI, "Thor" Hemsworth was born for that role, and don't forget the "GL" of the Marvel movies, "Ghostrider" (or maybe we should forget...)

Both camps have heroes who should make great movies...

DC
The Flash, Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, The Teen Titans, Aquaman, old favourites the Metal Men and Dial H, hell the whole Justice League.

Marvel
We've seen most of the first stringers but with "Antman", "Black Panther" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" in the works there are still a couple to call on, our own Captain Britain for instance, Captain Marvel or Ms Marvel, Ka-Zar, Deadpool, Silver Surfer (standalone movie), Prince Namor, The Inhumans.

Neither of these lists are exhaustive and I'm sure you can think of many more.

I like comics, I do have preferences but they are not for one publisher's Universe over another, rather I find some characters more "believable" than others and a lot of that "believability" is fixed in the mythos written into the characters from the very beginning. The DC mythos is not rooted in this Earth; there is no Gotham City or Starling City, Smallville or Metropolis. The Marvel Universe, on the other hand is grounded firmly on an Earth with a New York, a Liverpool and a London.

Character-wise Peter Parker has normal teenage angst and day to day problems, Bruce Banner is struggling with his inner demons and Frank Castle has been driven to the edge but Clark Kent looks like Superman in a suit and glasses and would crumple only in the presence of a green rock!

DC seems to be picking, with the exception of the Dark Knight, the least believable of their stable to adapt into film. There are enough Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Catwoman and Green Arrow stories to last them until the next millennium. Add to that Justice League, Birds of Prey and Teen Titans and you could have a credible answer to Marvel's "edge"!

I'm going for a lie down now, I've been far too rational for one day!

Monster Magnet

Like this? Share it using the links below!