LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Thanks Pedro.

Sorry to hear about your predicament.

Is this the end of Blockbuster now? No third chances?
The administrators pretty much said that there was a 99.9% chance of us NOT being bought. Pretty much says it in that percentage. The whole company was ****ed by the ones who bought us, they must have got their money back and decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
The administrators pretty much said that there was a 99.9% chance of us NOT being bought. Pretty much says it in that percentage. The whole company was ****ed by the ones who bought us, they must have got their money back and decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
The store i go to in Colne always has plenty of folk in renting when i visit. I've always to queue to be served.

Obviously this is not the norm though.
Old 23rd November 2013, 07:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The store i go to in Colne always has plenty of folk in renting when i visit. I've always to queue to be served.

Obviously this is not the norm though.
unfortunately the % of people who like to go to video shops is much smaller than the % of people who use Netflix and Love film or steal them off the internet.
Old 23rd November 2013, 08:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I was sent an e-mail by the administrators asking me to either keep the rental discs I had or to return them for a refund on my rental month. As that took effect on October 29, I had no discs and my billing date was October 27, I followed the link to the online form print and fill out then sentiment for a refund.

It's a real shame as I know people who went into the store in Darlington to rent discs as they don't have broadband.
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's the end of an era with one form of digital media superceding another. I sympathise with all involved, I hate it when people lose their livelihoods in the name of "progress"!
keirarts likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Today, on a trip to Fareham, I picked up "Slashers" & "Bride of Chucky" in Poundland. Guess how much?

Before we left "Theatre of Blood" dropped onto the doormat.

I went to Asda at about seven for some greens for tomorrow and bought "Pacific Rim" and the long awaited (by me anyway) "John Dies at the End".

Another cult-related item I found was a pair of Batman socks complete with capes from Peacocks!

p.s. These appear to be the same on Amazon: http:// http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sock...s=batman+socks
bdc, oaxaca, trebor8273 and 1 others like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 24th November 2013, 11:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just done an exchange with a guy on bluray.com for this beauty... All he wanted in exchange was the digibook of Eastwood's OUTLAW JOSEY WALES!

bdc, gag, platostotal and 3 others like this.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 24th November 2013, 11:56 AM
Cult Addict

Went into a Blockbuster yesterday and got PARKER for £4 on blu-ray.

Had a word with the lad behind the counter who I had worked with in my store for ten years. Looks like he's going to be looking for work. Despite what the government claims the jobs market is shite, certainly where I live and unemployment is going UP in the northwest. Hell it took me ten bloody months to get the job at ASDA!

Worse thing for poor Derek, the bloke I worked with. He's 38. Its not stated but a lot of doors seem to close in retail soon as you turn 30. Not sure if that's just where I live but I've been turned down for numerous jobs I was qualified to do only to walk in and see a twenty-something had got it. Worst one was CEX as the lads they have in there don't seem to know anything about the films they sell. I even had to explain how to put all my credit notes onto one voucher a few days ago as the employee didn't seem to realize you could do that.
oaxaca, trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 24th November 2013, 11:57 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Just done an exchange with a guy on bluray.com for this beauty... All he wanted in exchange was the digibook of Eastwood's OUTLAW JOSEY WALES!

What films are in the set ?
Old 24th November 2013, 12:03 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Went into a Blockbuster yesterday and got PARKER for £4 on blu-ray.

Had a word with the lad behind the counter who I had worked with in my store for ten years. Looks like he's going to be looking for work. Despite what the government claims the jobs market is shite, certainly where I live and unemployment is going UP in the northwest. Hell it took me ten bloody months to get the job at ASDA!

Worse thing for poor Derek, the bloke I worked with. He's 38. Its not stated but a lot of doors seem to close in retail soon as you turn 30. Not sure if that's just where I live but I've been turned down for numerous jobs I was qualified to do only to walk in and see a twenty-something had got it. Worst one was CEX as the lads they have in there don't seem to know anything about the films they sell. I even had to explain how to put all my credit notes onto one voucher a few days ago as the employee didn't seem to realize you could do that.
When talking about CEX. When it was advertised here for jobs it said only nerds need apply. I taught thats great when i go in the staff will know what im looking for and so on. But it seems to me that they wanted people that just looked like typical nerds not people with the knowlage of nerds. Fat with a beard does not make you a nerd it just makes you fat with a beard. When i was buying my Dirty Harry Blu Ray set the guy was putting the films in backwards fingers all over the discs he had no idea who Dirty Harry was and he said Gozu was a Sweedish film

Like this? Share it using the links below!