Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151383Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th November 2013, 09:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

That's shite, they've become one of my favourite online stores over the last year or so
troggi likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th November 2013, 09:52 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That's shite, they've become one of my favourite online stores over the last year or so
Well now rentals dead in the water expect the industry to target retail next. Getting rid of hard copies and retail DVD's CD's and Blu-ray will be a dream come true for the industry. No more second hand sales, No more people paying once and watching over and over. A consumer who will keep paying money over and over.... I'm probably just a pessimist but I do think the days of us owning our films may be numbered.
troggi likes this.
Old 25th November 2013, 10:02 AM
Seasoned Cultist

bought 3 blu rays on Saturday:
Lethal Weapon boxset
Superman: Unbound
Born on the 4th of July
bdc and troggi like this.
Old 25th November 2013, 10:10 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Just ordered Army of Darkness on Blu Ray
bdc and troggi like this.
Old 25th November 2013, 10:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Have you ordered form them before? Are they customs friendly at all?
No first time.
A lot of people have on HDN and say good things.

Anyone interested it's now live. Price is $29 plus shipping. They allow you to ask to mark item as gift.

There is also a lenticular slip version out. Both limited to 150 copies.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Delirium, monkeyscreams and troggi like this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 25th November 2013, 12:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
Just found out this bad news.

"As a valued customer of Sainsbury's Entertainment website we wanted to let you know that from March 2014 our website Sainsbury's Entertainment - Games, Music, Films, Blu-Rays, Books, CDs, DVDs & MP3s will become completely on demand - offering music and films for downloading and films for streaming. From 28 February 2014 we will no longer accept online orders for physical products. This change is due to the rapid growth in customer appetite for on demand films, music and books.

We are aware that you have an order due from Sainsbury's Entertainment and we can assure you that we will fulfil your order.

However, we will no longer be able to accept any pre-orders for items which don't yet have a release date, or which will be released after 15 March 2014.

Sainsbury's will continue to sell DVDs, CDs, books, games and games consoles in over 1,000 stores. In addition, we are constantly expanding our Entertainment on Demand offering to bring you more films, music and books to download, or films to stream, to a range of devices.

Thank you again for shopping at Sainsbury's Entertainment."
Gutted! I use them all the time, they often have great prices, and you get Nectar points too. Not happy at all.
troggi likes this.
Old 25th November 2013, 01:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
Just found out this bad news.

"As a valued customer of Sainsbury's Entertainment website we wanted to let you know that from March 2014 our website Sainsbury's Entertainment - Games, Music, Films, Blu-Rays, Books, CDs, DVDs & MP3s will become completely on demand - offering music and films for downloading and films for streaming. From 28 February 2014 we will no longer accept online orders for physical products. This change is due to the rapid growth in customer appetite for on demand films, music and books.

We are aware that you have an order due from Sainsbury's Entertainment and we can assure you that we will fulfil your order.

However, we will no longer be able to accept any pre-orders for items which don't yet have a release date, or which will be released after 15 March 2014.

Sainsbury's will continue to sell DVDs, CDs, books, games and games consoles in over 1,000 stores. In addition, we are constantly expanding our Entertainment on Demand offering to bring you more films, music and books to download, or films to stream, to a range of devices.

Thank you again for shopping at Sainsbury's Entertainment."
Terrible news seems people like us who buy a physical product are a endangered species. Mind I don't think it will be a huge success they think it will be they can't compete with iTunes or likes of Netflix etc.

Edit

Company's will never emit it but pirating is a lot higher than those who use Netflix, iTunes etc. most people I know would much rather have a physical copy of something they pay for than digital, to most people it still feels like they don't own something and most will end up pirating than using those services
troggi likes this.
Old 25th November 2013, 03:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Got home to find this waiting for me

IMG_1742.jpg
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th November 2013, 03:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

All MoC and all on blu

FOR ALL MANKIND
NOSFERATU
DR. MABUSE - DER SPIELER
DAS TESTAMENT DES DR. MABUSE
Old 25th November 2013, 04:12 PM
Cult Master

ip-man-2.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!