Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151369Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd December 2013, 07:43 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
My local Blockbusters closes down today and reduced all its stock by 90%. Not that much left but picked up:

The Raven (BD)
Mad House (the Amicus one)
Paperboy
Human Centipede 2

It was quite sad to see the place so empty, especially for the staff, who have always been really friendly and helpful. What really irked me is that one customer was having a go at the staff because there were a few items that were 'only' reduced by 50%, which they were claiming was false advertising - she was so annoyed she stormed out of the shop! I just thought that was the most petty and insensitive thing I'd ever seen, moaning about a few quid to people who will be out of a job this time tomorrow .
I remember when my store was closing at the beginning of the year. We put big signs everywhere saying we could no longer rent out discs.

In comes a customer who walks up to the desk with two games to rent. I apologized and told him we could no longer rent stuff out, pointing to the signs. I told him we were closing in a few days.

He screamed at me about it not being fair, turned as he left and said "i'm never renting here again"

"That's right" I replied. "your not"

If you work in retail long enough you realize a certain subsection of customers are completely self centered and oblivious to the world around them. Witness the recent attempt to introduce black friday to the UK. People beating each other up over cheap telly's.
Sam, fuzzymctiger and DaveH like this.
Old 2nd December 2013, 11:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just bought

***not seen

(one of the best animated films I've ever seen)
bdc, Jinx_Barkman, oaxaca and 3 others like this.

Last edited by ArgentoFan1987; 2nd December 2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Just bought

***not seen

(one of the best animated films I've ever seen)
I'll admit, I was not a huge fan of the changes in 2.0, would rather they left that stuff to innocence

I'm glad the original version is still available though
oaxaca and ArgentoFan1987 like this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I watched Session 9 back when I was first getting into horror, based solely on the knowledge it was in an abandoned asylum. And I loved it. Been waiting for ages for a blu ray, but can't argue for the price I got the DVD.

And the Godfather Epic is 3 VHS boxset of the Novel for Television edit, the first two films chronologically, but I think it's missing the extra 45 minutes of scenes, and it may be edited down. But glad to have it any way, huge fan of the first two
Yeah, edited for U.S. network T.V. in the late 70s I believe, unless it's a redone edition it will be missing some of the bloodletting but still a good pick-up, I was in the states in the 70s and recall NBC showed it over several nights in 1977 or 78, cool but not a patch on the two films seen back to back tho.
Old 2nd December 2013, 01:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

My Room 237 arrived. (dvd). As tis my xmas present to myself, I won't open it til then...even though I REALLY WANT to watch it again, ahem.

Sometimes a man's got to know his limitations......
bdc and Jinx_Barkman like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd December 2013, 01:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just got this on an amazon.com lightning deal. £44 altogether (may get done at customs though). Not amazingly cheap but a good tenner cheaper than it was and I've been wanting to replace my DVD boxset for the HD version for ages

Still only 77% claimed in case anyones interested! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GSVXDA?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 2nd December 2013, 02:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just preordered dolls and lord of illusions on blu ray

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dolls-Blu-ra...keywords=Dolls

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lord-Illusio...+illusions+blu
Old 2nd December 2013, 03:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Pre-ordered the Only God Forgives Zavvi steelbook...then moments later found out I'd won another copy of the Blu, a T-shirt, and the vinyl soundtrack!

So that makes prizes I've won from my two favourite films of the year (I won a signed Mister John poster a few months back) . . .
Old 2nd December 2013, 05:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Picked up the Infernal Affairs trilogy on blu-ray today. Not as cheap as it has been, but it seems to be getting scarce and it's about time I finally saw them after hearing so many good things.
Old 2nd December 2013, 06:21 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
I'll admit, I was not a huge fan of the changes in 2.0, would rather they left that stuff to innocence

I'm glad the original version is still available though
It's included on the 2.0 blu as an extra I think?

Like this? Share it using the links below!