Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2014, 01:21 PM
Cult Addict

[QUOTE=Stephen@Cult Labs;390660]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post

I got the first Demons from Diabolik. Cost £38 including shipping.
If that's including all the extra stuff (mettropol ticket ect.) Then I can see it as a collectors piece as its not just some film turfed out onto disc with nowt but an isolated music track for company. Real effort has gone into them. It's just a matter of for that price I just bought a bunch of scream factory titles, a better buy in my opinion. It would be nice if Synapse released the restored prints in cheaper bog standard releases at a later date without all the bells and whistles for those of us that just want them for the film.
Old 4th February 2014, 01:34 PM
Cult Addict

update.

Checked out Diabloik... $47 each. So that's 57.6373 (£57.70 rounded up for both at the current exchange rates.) Question is how much for postage...
Old 4th February 2014, 01:53 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
update.

Checked out Diabloik... $47 each. So that's 57.6373 (£57.70 rounded up for both at the current exchange rates.) Question is how much for postage...

Postage for 1 was $14.50 (just under £9). Not sure if it would be the same for 2.
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th February 2014, 02:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Postage for 1 was $14.50 (just under £9). Not sure if it would be the same for 2.
In my experience with Diabolik they charge the same price for 1 DVD to the UK as they do for 5, which is why when I buy something from them I always end up getting 4 or 5 items, just works out cheaper!
keirarts likes this.
Old 4th February 2014, 03:00 PM
Cult Addict

Well. Just mentioned this to my buddy adam who was somewhat dissapointed with the arrow disc. Hes just ordered them. Looks like ill be getting tko see them at least!
Old 4th February 2014, 04:39 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasteropod View Post
Anyway, can't wait to see Suspiria looking as high quality and colour-correct as these films do, thank God Synapse got the rights.
Don't hold your breath on that one. As far as I know Synapse only has access to the existing HD master, I don't think Synapse will be getting a new transfer/encoding done. Things might have changed, but this was the last I heard.
Old 4th February 2014, 04:46 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Don't hold your breath on that one. As far as I know Synapse only has access to the existing HD master, I don't think Synapse will be getting a new transfer/encoding done. Things might have changed, but this was the last I heard.

No way in hell will Don release the existing version of Suspiria. The man's a perfectionist and loves the film. It'll be colour-corrected.

From blu-ray.com...

Synapse Films has announced that it has acquired the U.S. home video rights to Italian director Dario Argento's cult film Suspiria (1977), starring Jessica Harper, Stefania Casini, Flavio Bucci, Barbara Magnolfi, Udo Kier, Alida Valli, and Joan Bennett. Synapse Films has also confirmed that it will work closely with Technicolor Rome and Technicolor Los Angeles to create an all-new high-definition 2K scan from the original negative for a possible 2014-15 video release.

Following the acquisition announcement Don May, Jr., President of Synapse Films, said: "I've been involved in the restoration and release of many films in my career, but Suspiria has always eluded me, until now. It's one of my favorite horror films and I'm ecstatic that my business partner, Jerry Chandler, was able to negotiate with the rights holders to release this film. This is going to be an amazing project for us." May also added: "It's important to spend as much time as possible to create the definitive high-definition home video version for the fans. We're going to take our time with this one."
Old 4th February 2014, 05:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

To celebrate the fact that I have a new US BD player making its way to me, I've ordered THIEF:
EDIT: Bought the other 2 from Trebor, thanks mate!

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Last edited by oaxaca; 4th February 2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 4th February 2014, 06:02 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
In my experience with Diabolik they charge the same price for 1 DVD to the UK as they do for 5, which is why when I buy something from them I always end up getting 4 or 5 items, just works out cheaper!
Thats were I got my set of Demons 1 & 2 from. You enjoying yours???
Old 4th February 2014, 06:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Mate as Stephen has said, It is getting a full (as far as I am aware) makeover.

PS
If it receives the attention Demons 1&2 received this is going to be very special indeed.

Like this? Share it using the links below!