LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2014, 02:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
A brilliant film – "Remind me to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke."
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 7th February 2014, 03:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just hit the pre-order button on this one for my movie figure collection

Sideshow Collectibles 1/6th Snake Plissken coming Aug/Sept
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100219-snake-plissken-002.jpg (96.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 7th February 2014, 04:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Purge Blu arrived earlier today
bdc, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 7th February 2014, 05:17 PM
Cult Addict

uploadfromtaptalk1391796989354.jpg
Just picked up for a tenner in Sainsburies.
Don't like the artwork much but it's better than the steelbook.
Old 7th February 2014, 07:35 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Had some recent arrivals but because of circumstances haven't unpacked them all yet.

This I did unpack:

Appleseed (2004) (Sentai Filmworks)) -- Blu-ray, REGION A

And the "region B trick" doesn't work on this Sentai release!
So sadly this will go unwatched for a while.

Old 7th February 2014, 10:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Robocop and Stalled found their way home with me this evening.
bdc likes this.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:03 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Batty

bdc, Pete, Nemesis and 6 others like this.
Old 8th February 2014, 05:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
A brilliant film – "Remind me to tell you about the time I looked into the heart of an artichoke."
I'll tell you what I think of it as soon as I've found time to watch it
Old 8th February 2014, 05:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
My local pawn store was having a half price sale on their DVD's this evening so I picked a few things up.
Well I went into the mall today because I needed a new pair of pants and the pawn store was still going with their half price sale so I went and bought a butt load more titles.

I picked up;

Once Upon A Time In America - Two Disc Special Edition. I already owned this but this one I picked up is actually this really nice slipcase with digipack/digipak and I couldn't resist, So I will be swapping my other copy with this one. It is in immaculate condition too...Apart from some residue and pealing from the slipcase from the damn stickers the pawn shop puts on the Dvd's. Great find for $2.

Deathstalker II - I have no idea what this is and it looks absolutely aweful but in a fun way so for 50 cents I had to jump on it!

Deathstalker IV
- I was picking up II anyway so why not pick up IV for 50 cents. I was digging through everything searching for I and III but I couldn't find them. Real shame!

Globe Opinion: Each To His Own
- This is actually a skateboarding DVD. They had a bunch of sufing, snow boarding and various other action sport dvd's. None of which I was interested in. However I am a skateboarder and love watching skating so had to check this out for 50 cents. Also features one of the all time greatest skateboarders, Rodney Mullen. Definitely worth paying half a buck for a good time.

Batman: The Movie - The 60's Adam West Batman film adaptation. I love this movie. I am a huge Batman geek and I've been eying this off for a while on Bluray but I have just never got around to picking it up. So I saw it on DVD today and decided to pick it up finally. It was cheap anyway so why not just settle for DVD rather than Bluray. Also had to pick it up in anticipation of the complete 60's Adam West/Burt Ward Batman TV series which has recently been officially announced to FINALLY be coming to DVD and Bluray..."HOLY SARDINES BATMAN!"

Oldboy
- The original Park Chanwook film. I've been meaning to check this out for AGES now and now that Spike Lee has done his Josh Brolin US remake I think it's time!

Conan And The Young Warriors;
Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3
- As I was digging through these boxes and boxes and boxes of DVD's at the pawn store I came across these bad boys. An animated Conan series. I had never even heard of this but these look super fun and for 50 cents each (Well volume 2 & 3 were 50 cents each, volume 1 was $1.50 but I couldn't have 2 & 3 without 1) I had to pick these up. On the inner cover art of Volume 1, It shows there is also a Volume 4 so I was looking for that also, However couldn't find it!

Simple Simon - Complete blind buy. A Swedish film. I kind of needed to check this out for personal reasons. This is about a young guy named Simon who suffers from Asperger's Syndrome. I personally have a close friend named Simon who also suffers from Asperger's Syndrome. We've been friends since first grade so when I saw this title and read the synopsis, It kind of hit a soft spot and I had to pick it up for 50 cents.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space
- Pretty self explanatory. Not entirely sure why this isn't already in my collection. But for 50 cents, It is now!!!

Kung Fu: The Complete First Season - I absolutely love this series however up until now never owned any of the series. I have been meaning to collect for a while and I think it's about time. So this can now sit on my shelf with it's younger cousin - Kung Fu: The Movie - collecting dust until I have the entire series so I can have a gigantic Kung Fu marathon.

and I've saved the best till last...

Twin Peaks: The Complete First Season
(Special Edition) - I have no idea what is so special about this edition...Apart from the special features bonus disc. One of the greatest TV series of all time and I have needed to update my VHS to DVD for quite some time now. FINALLY!!!!

Twin Peaks: The Second Season;
Part 1 of 2 and Part 2 of 2
- These are both really cool releases of the series. They are both digipack/digipak cases with nice clear slipcases. Part 1 slipcase featuring a photo of Kyle MacLachlan as Agent Dale Cooper and Part 2 featuring Michael J. Anderson as The Man From Another Place (AKA The Midget). I am so so happy with these.

All bargains!
...Oh and I came out of the pawn shop so happy that I forgot to go into the pants store. Oops!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2014-02-08 at 5.47.50 PM.jpg (10.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Deathstalker_II_1987_9911.jpg (48.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg deathstalker4.jpg (72.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg globe-shoes-opinion.jpg (91.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 51B63R5GNGL.jpg (45.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 185422.jpg (43.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 250px-Conan_and_the_Young_Warriors.jpg (12.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 31902.jpg (93.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg killer-klowns-from-outer-space.jpg (101.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg KungFu-m.jpg (25.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg twin-peaks-season-1.jpg (34.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg twin_peaks_the_second_season_dvd__large_-423x600.jpg (63.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by InDogWeTrust; 8th February 2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 8th February 2014, 09:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
Well I went into the mall today because I needed a new pair of pants and the pawn store was still going with their half price sale so I went and bought a butt load more titles.

I picked up;

Once Upon A Time In America - Two Disc Special Edition. I already owned this but this one I picked up is actually this really nice slipcase with digipack/digipak and I couldn't resist, So I will be swapping my other copy with this one. It is in immaculate condition too...Apart from some residue and pealing from the slipcase from the damn stickers the pawn shop puts on the Dvd's. Great find for $2.

Deathstalker II - I have no idea what this is and it looks absolutely aweful but in a fun way so for 50 cents I had to jump on it!

Deathstalker IV
- I was picking up II anyway so why not pick up IV for 50 cents. I was digging through everything searching for I and III but I couldn't find them. Real shame!

Globe Opinion: Each To His Own
- This is actually a skateboarding DVD. They had a bunch of sufing, snow boarding and various other action sport dvd's. None of which I was interested in. However I am a skateboarder and love watching skating so had to check this out for 50 cents. Also features one of the all time greatest skateboarders, Rodney Mullen. Definitely worth paying half a buck for a good time.

Batman: The Movie - The 60's Adam West Batman film adaptation. I love this movie. I am a huge Batman geek and I've been eying this off for a while on Bluray but I have just never got around to picking it up. So I saw it on DVD today and decided to pick it up finally. It was cheap anyway so why not just settle for DVD rather than Bluray. Also had to pick it up in anticipation of the complete 60's Adam West/Burt Ward Batman TV series which has recently been officially announced to FINALLY be coming to DVD and Bluray..."HOLY SARDINES BATMAN!"

Oldboy
- The original Park Chanwook film. I've been meaning to check this out for AGES now and now that Spike Lee has done his Josh Brolin US remake I think it's time!

Conan And The Young Warriors;
Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3
- As I was digging through these boxes and boxes and boxes of DVD's at the pawn store I came across these bad boys. An animated Conan series. I had never even heard of this but these look super fun and for 50 cents each (Well volume 2 & 3 were 50 cents each, volume 1 was $1.50 but I couldn't have 2 & 3 without 1) I had to pick these up. On the inner cover art of Volume 1, It shows there is also a Volume 4 so I was looking for that also, However couldn't find it!

Simple Simon - Complete blind buy. A Swedish film. I kind of needed to check this out for personal reasons. This is about a young guy named Simon who suffers from Asperger's Syndrome. I personally have a close friend named Simon who also suffers from Asperger's Syndrome. We've been friends since first grade so when I saw this title and read the synopsis, It kind of hit a soft spot and I had to pick it up for 50 cents.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space
- Pretty self explanatory. Not entirely sure why this isn't already in my collection. But for 50 cents, It is now!!!

Kung Fu: The Complete First Season - I absolutely love this series however up until now never owned any of the series. I have been meaning to collect for a while and I think it's about time. So this can now sit on my shelf with it's younger cousin - Kung Fu: The Movie - collecting dust until I have the entire series so I can have a gigantic Kung Fu marathon.

and I've saved the best till last...

Twin Peaks: The Complete First Season
(Special Edition) - I have no idea what is so special about this edition...Apart from the special features bonus disc. One of the greatest TV series of all time and I have needed to update my VHS to DVD for quite some time now. FINALLY!!!!

Twin Peaks: The Second Season;
Part 1 of 2 and Part 2 of 2
- These are both really cool releases of the series. They are both digipack/digipak cases with nice clear slipcases. Part 1 slipcase featuring a photo of Kyle MacLachlan as Agent Dale Cooper and Part 2 featuring Michael J. Anderson as The Man From Another Place (AKA The Midget). I am so so happy with these.

All bargains!
...Oh and I came out of the pawn shop so happy that I forgot to go into the pants store. Oops!
I see your Oldboy is the R rated one, running time please? Great haul btw, Deathstalker is er, unique imo.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!