Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Was in Manchester yesterday and picked up this lot:

Attachment 130416 Attachment 130417

So happy with that Exterminator 2 poster!
Nice haul Pete!
Cracking poster right enough!

I had the original Guild poster many moons ago.
Pete likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 10th February 2014, 05:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Some recent buys....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (44.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (38.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (41.2 KB, 16 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 10th February 2014, 06:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
these all turned up today, strange thing is all ordered at different times from different places.

edit

not seen

house
amer
the boogens
kuroneko
tower of evil
white zombie

any input on these would be welcome
HOUSE aka HAUSU is an insane film. Imagine a Japanese version of Scooby Doo, directed by someone on acid and you are part of the way there.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 10th February 2014, 06:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 View Post
HOUSE aka HAUSU is an insane film. Imagine a Japanese version of Scooby Doo, directed by someone on acid and you are part of the way there.
Will have to watch that tonight!
Old 10th February 2014, 07:26 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Some recent arrivals.

Zenabel - Gräfin der Lust (1969) (Donau Film)
Robinson Crusoe on Mars (1964) (Schröder Media) -- Blu-ray

I already owned a Robinson but it went to a mate as a Christmas present.
Zenabel is unfortunately German audio only (no problem for me personally though).

Last edited by bdc; 10th February 2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10th February 2014, 08:39 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Good stuff!

I much prefer Eureaka to Criterion!
Old 10th February 2014, 10:55 PM
Cult Addict

recent pick ups.

ampsy.jpg elph.jpg

esc.jpeg strange.jpg

twi.jpg

Never got around to watching American Psycho so should be interesting.
Seen the other films before.
Fancied watching some old Twilight zone episodes so got the first season, used to watch them late at night on T.V when i was younger.
Kept meaning to get them but never got round to it, although i did get the Outer Limits first season a few years ago because i'd always wanted to watch them but never saw any on T.V before.
Both great series but i prefer TZ.
Been watching the episodes in order, really enjoying them so far and my 16 year old daughter keeps getting drawn in and watching them too.
Old 11th February 2014, 04:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
and the pawn store was still going with their half price sale
So last time I went into the pawn store, I was eying off this one title...Actually I've been eying it off for a while now. 'Igby Goes Down', I love that film and I have seen it in there and been so tempted so many times. So I decided to go in today and I wanted to go and pawn some stuff anyway. So might as well grab that while I'm there. Unfortunately I couldn't find it!! I was pretty upset.

But of course, I didn't leave empty handed...

I ended up picking up a few that I've actually already seen or even owned but needed to add or re-add to the collection;

Blue Velvet
A Scanner Darkly
Lawrence Of Arabia (2 disc collectors edition) - The original $42.95 price sticker is still on the back, I feel sorry for the sucker who payed that and then sold it to the pawn store for me to come along and pick up for $2.
& The complete second season of The Boondocks - I picked up the complete first season a few months ago and I've been keeping an eye out for this. Great deal, Now I only need Season 3.

Also while I was in the mall I checked out JB Hi-Fi (An electrical appliance and home entertainment store) I ended up picking a few things out of the bargain bin;

The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin
- I had to pick this up, Being a huge fan of Wu-Tang Clan and this being one of the many Kung-Fu films the group takes both influence from and makes reference to throughout their music. This release from the Dragon Dynasty range actually features a concert video for Wu-Tang's song "Gravel Pit" as well as film commentary by RZA from the Wu-Tang and also an interview with RZA (As well as an interview with the films star and some other special feature's I'm not really interested in) this was pretty much a must have!

King Boxer: Five Fingers Of Death
- Digging through, I also found this from the Dragon Dynasty range. This featuring a commentary track from Quentin Tarantino. Unfortunately didn't find anything else from the DD catalog in the bin but there are a few others I am looking for.

Cinema Paradiso - A classic I've been looking to pickup for a while now. Glad to come across it for a great price. One of those releases that wants you to know it's an academy award winner though, Plastered right across the top of the front cover art and another taking up half the spine.

and lastly, I picked up another copy of Romero's Night Of The Living Dead - Can never have too many copies of this one. This is a 40th anniversary edition 2 disker with a doco which I haven't seen before so I had to pick it up.
Old 11th February 2014, 08:19 AM
Active Cultist

This is why i shouldnt go food shopping by myself, i get drawn to the cheap £2 £3 Dvds hopefully some of the films are good, did enjoy Wolf Creek last night and was happy to see a sequal is just around the corner now.
Old 11th February 2014, 08:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
recent pick ups.

Attachment 130437 Attachment 130439

Attachment 130438 Attachment 130440

Attachment 130441

Never got around to watching American Psycho so should be interesting.
Seen the other films before.
Fancied watching some old Twilight zone episodes so got the first season, used to watch them late at night on T.V when i was younger.
Kept meaning to get them but never got round to it, although i did get the Outer Limits first season a few years ago because i'd always wanted to watch them but never saw any on T.V before.
Both great series but i prefer TZ.
Been watching the episodes in order, really enjoying them so far and my 16 year old daughter keeps getting drawn in and watching them too.
All excellent except American Psycho.

Like this? Share it using the links below!