Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151369Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2014, 04:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linbro View Post
US cut of 'The Shining', which I've never seen.
A couple from Amazon Japan.
The latest addition to my 'The Thing' collection - in almost mint condition, 27 pages on the making of the film, special fx etc. From Nov. 1982.
Ah... bought that very issue from Forbidden Planet when it came out in 82, it's a great pick-up buddy.
Linbro likes this.
Old 14th May 2014, 04:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

These two were £1 each in CEX, so just had to Crazies adds yet another AB dvd to the pile
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crazies1.jpg (66.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg pun1.jpg (52.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 14th May 2014, 07:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Received a big package from Code Red.

Old 14th May 2014, 09:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not bought anything as such but tickets booked for Godzilla.
Old 14th May 2014, 10:39 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Received a big package from Code Red.

Mine turned up this afternoon after I got home from work.

Checked out neon maniacs and it looks f*****g amazing.
Old 15th May 2014, 08:11 AM
Active Cultist

Gotta love payday..
John Dies at The End has a reversible sleeve, featuring this artwork which I massively prefer.

You can't really read anything in the images, so for those interested:
Godzilla Showa Classics Vol 1 contains: Godzilla: 50th Anniversary Edition, Mothra vs Godzilla, Godzilla: Invasion of the Astro-monster, Godzilla vs Ebirah, Son of Godzilla, Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters.
Godzilla Showa Classics Vol 2 contains: Godzilla: All Monsters Attack, Godzilla vs Hedorah, Godzilla vs Gigan, Godzilla vs Megalon, Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, Terror of Mechagodzilla.
The cover art on those is reversible, the reverses are more or less the same but don't have those awful massive Australian ratings on them.

I also got this t-shirt:

Also bought a download of a smaller wrestling promotion called "Kaiju Big Battel" which is literally wrestlers in ridiculous massive costumes battling in a ring with an aerial view of a city painted on it, littered with cardboard buildings. It's fantastic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dexhardback.jpg (92.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg jdate.jpg (35.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg pacific.jpg (36.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg showa1.jpg (19.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg showa2.jpg (22.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg wtm.jpg (37.4 KB, 3 views)
bdc, Demoncrat, keirarts and 2 others like this.
Old 15th May 2014, 08:45 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
These two were £1 each in CEX, so just had to Crazies adds yet another AB dvd to the pile
Bargain! Punisher: War Zone is one of my favourite Marvel-based movies outside of the Marvel Studios universe.
Old 15th May 2014, 09:35 AM
Cult Master

Just one thing over the last week:

Charity Shop

Run Lola Run - 99p

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th May 2014, 12:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Haven't been spending much lately so today I decided to splurge. I spent way more than I should've. This was all still pretty expensive. Out here in Australia, Blu Rays are still so damn expensive! Anyways, I picked up;

Army Of Darkness
- The Definitive Edition (Includes Directors Cut on DVD, Directors Cut on Blu Ray, Theatrical on DVD, Theatrical on Blu Ray and Television version on DVD) Yeah I know it's a little excessive!

Argo: Extended Edition (Includes theatrical and extended, mini poster, Art book, map with notes? and a replica ID badge prop) - This one I actually got free from a "buy one get one free" sale stand. All the other stuff on the sale stand was pretty much shit! All they had was like, The Hangover, The Campaign and a bunch of dumb stuff like that, so for the other movie I ended up going with...

Pacific Rim
(Blu Ray/DVD/UV combo) - I enjoyed this movie when it came out, just as a goofy over the top robot monster fight movie. This was actually pretty expensive. I usually would have over looked this movie for this price but it was the only other thing I was interested in on the "buy one get one free" rack/stand.

Spiderman Trilogy
on Bluray (Includes Character cards) - Don't judge me, I actually like these films and thought it was time to upgrade from DVD. Sure the Amazing Spiderman is good but I don't even compare the two franchises. I really like them as completely different films, Based on the same thing. HEY! I only just realised now how much Sam Raimi I bought today!!!

World War Z
special edition (Includes 3D theatrical cut on Bluray, 2D Extended cut on Bluray, Threatrical cut on DVD and a limited art book - This was the most expensive of them all but they only had one copy and I couldn't help myself!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3329.jpg (92.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 15th May 2014, 12:17 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust View Post
Haven't been spending much lately so today I decided to splurge. I spent way more than I should've. This was all still pretty expensive. Out here in Australia, Blu Rays are still so damn expensive! Anyways, I picked up;

Army Of Darkness
- The Definitive Edition (Includes Directors Cut on DVD, Directors Cut on Blu Ray, Theatrical on DVD, Theatrical on Blu Ray and Television version on DVD) Yeah I know it's a little excessive!

Argo: Extended Edition (Includes theatrical and extended, mini poster, Art book, map with notes? and a replica ID badge prop) - This one I actually got free from a "buy one get one free" sale stand. All the other stuff on the sale stand was pretty much shit! All they had was like, The Hangover, The Campaign and a bunch of dumb stuff like that, so for the other movie I ended up going with...

Pacific Rim
(Blu Ray/DVD/UV combo) - I enjoyed this movie when it came out, just as a goofy over the top robot monster fight movie. This was actually pretty expensive. I usually would have over looked this movie for this price but it was the only other thing I was interested in on the "buy one get one free" rack/stand.

Spiderman Trilogy
on Bluray (Includes Character cards) - Don't judge me, I actually like these films and thought it was time to upgrade from DVD. Sure the Amazing Spiderman is good but I don't even compare the two franchises. I really like them as completely different films, Based on the same thing. HEY! I only just realised now how much Sam Raimi I bought today!!!

World War Z
special edition (Includes 3D theatrical cut on Bluray, 2D Extended cut on Bluray, Threatrical cut on DVD and a limited art book - This was the most expensive of them all but they only had one copy and I couldn't help myself!
Yeah I think the average price I see for blu-rays is around $35-40 (for new stuff), which translates to £20+ each. Bit excessive. In fact, the sole reason I've not bought either Thor movie yet is because Thor is $34.99 and Thor 2 is $44.99, which is just stupid money tbh.

I see you were stung by JB HiFi's Buy One Get One Free WB sale too! I picked up Pacific Rim and We're The Millers in it today. Eyed up the Argo box set but not actually seen it yet and I really enjoyed both Pacific Rim and We're The Millers.

Also, that Army of Darkness set isn't excessive. Excessive is buying that and the Necronomicon edition in the same day (which I did a couple of months ago )

Like this? Share it using the links below!