Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151367Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd December 2014, 10:10 AM
Cult Acolyte

I just don't like the book format it's in like THE SIMPSON'S packaging
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Last haul before Christmas. I couldn't resist Bava's Planet Of The Vampires, especially as it appears Sony may own it in the UK, meaning it would be unlikely for Arrow. I gave it a spin as soon as I got it, and appreciated it even more than I did the last time I'd seen it. It's executed so stylishly, especially for the type of fare it is. I've never seen Shock Waves, but have been aware of it, courtesy of that art for many years. The new BD release seemed like the perfect chance to check it out.

Two Michael Reeves' films from Odeon, Witchfinder General has been cheap for a while, and The Sorcerers was only £10.99 in HMV. I still need to get around to picking up Blood On Satan's Claw. That doesn't seem to be cheap though. Might have to bite the bullet and pay current price. Nekromantik annoyingly arrived a little banged up. That Obscure Object Of Desire was dirt cheap on Amazon randomly, and they're phasing the line out I believe. Both might make an interesting double bill.

And finally, from 88 Films flash sale, both Graduation Day (which I already own from VinSyn), and Trancers. While everyone seems to be raving about the Scream Queens doc, I genuinely feel I may find it insufferable, looking at some of the contributors. But, I guess as a fan of the subgenre, I should support a Slasher Collection. And it was 50% off.
Old 23rd December 2014, 03:59 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

My pick ups from the Network sale, a region one set i ordered at the beginning of December and The Rescuers - a film i loved as a child - from Asda.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1295 (Large).jpg (67.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1300 (Large).jpg (71.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 23rd December 2014, 04:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post

Last haul before Christmas. I couldn't resist Bava's Planet Of The Vampires, especially as it appears Sony may own it in the UK, meaning it would be unlikely for Arrow. I gave it a spin as soon as I got it, and appreciated it even more than I did the last time I'd seen it. It's executed so stylishly, especially for the type of fare it is. I've never seen Shock Waves, but have been aware of it, courtesy of that art for many years. The new BD release seemed like the perfect chance to check it out.

Two Michael Reeves' films from Odeon, Witchfinder General has been cheap for a while, and The Sorcerers was only £10.99 in HMV. I still need to get around to picking up Blood On Satan's Claw. That doesn't seem to be cheap though. Might have to bite the bullet and pay current price. Nekromantik annoyingly arrived a little banged up. That Obscure Object Of Desire was dirt cheap on Amazon randomly, and they're phasing the line out I believe. Both might make an interesting double bill.

And finally, from 88 Films flash sale, both Graduation Day (which I already own from VinSyn), and Trancers. While everyone seems to be raving about the Scream Queens doc, I genuinely feel I may find it insufferable, looking at some of the contributors. But, I guess as a fan of the subgenre, I should support a Slasher Collection. And it was 50% off.
Is Planet of the Vampires region locked Baka?
Old 23rd December 2014, 04:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Is Planet of the Vampires region locked Baka?
It is .
Old 23rd December 2014, 06:11 PM
Cult Rookie

Last haul before Xmas

Kevin Smith Collection blu £8.99 Zaavi
Graduation Day 88 films 50% off sale
The Last Horror Film 88 films 50% off Sale
Bloodsucking Freaks 88 films 50% off sale
Cannibal Holocaust 2-disc blu Siren Visual £11.95
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51SfBURrv-L.jpg (56.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 111473-L-LO.jpg (23.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg The-Last-Horror-Film-88-Films-Blu-ray.jpg (12.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg bloodsucking-freaks-88.jpg (96.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 105953_front.jpg (100.7 KB, 1 views)
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Mark of the Devil, Bound, Killer Klowns, Brute Force, Branded to Kill & L'assasino from the Arrow sale.
Slice and Dice, Bowl-o-rama, Two Moon Junction, Demonic Toys, Bloody Birthday, Tourist Trap & Last Horror from the 88 sale.

Just dropped 75 bones on 88's indiegogo campaign too!
Old 24th December 2014, 12:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

3 blu-rays from Arrow sale:

Old 24th December 2014, 12:11 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

When is the arrow sale over?
Old 24th December 2014, 12:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
When is the arrow sale over?
January the 5th.

Like this? Share it using the links below!