Like Tree151217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th November 2015, 12:55 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
...and some are just too easy to please!

I do enjoy the Hellraiser sequels for the most part though (especially Part V for the reasons shel listed above). However Hellworld is pretty dire.

Still, I'd take a Hellraiser sequel over a Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street sequel most days of the week.
Personally it's a case of do you like the Cenobites, Jason Vorhees et al. If you do then you should get something out of all the films.

It's horror and exploitation after all. We all want to see Pinhead slaughter someone rather than anything else...don't we?
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 29th November 2015, 01:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default hella cool

you are all crazy f13 and nightmare sequels better

hellbound is a good film, hell on earth is absolute cheese , bloodlines is quite interesting , inferno is as well but deader uses same twist, trouble with later sequels is that they were based on pre -existing scripts that they reworked to add pinhead into them. Never saw the last one that was apparently so bad Doug turned his nose up at it which says a lot. Interestingly when Freddy VS Jason was out Clive Barker was up for writing helloween : Michael Myers vs Pinhead , Carpenter apparently was going to direct as well.
MacBlayne, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 29th November 2015, 02:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
you are all crazy
Crazy!

Of course we are, types the person who has just ordered the complete series of Bread for £11.99 in a BF sale whilst Slayer and Ice-T's Disorder blares out in the background.
Old 29th November 2015, 03:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Carla pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Crazy!

Of course we are, types the person who has just ordered the complete series of Bread for £11.99 in a BF sale whilst Slayer and Ice-T's Disorder blares out in the background.
aw no not Carla bloody lane, butterflies, bread, liver birds got stuck watching all that dreck as a kid, i remember watching a doc about the birth off alt comedy were Carla and the one of the writers of hi de hi were all "oh yes we could just write a script and the bbc would buy it straight away, alt comedy ruined that" the only time she made me laugh was when she was on brasseye.

from the network sale got blus of the shout and the medusa touch both highly uderrated films in my opinion. I remember staying at my grandma's as a kid and getting up only to see her watching the exact moment Alan Bates let's out his awful yell. The shout would work well on a triple bill with the wicker man and dont look now. The medusa touch feels like James Herbert was behind it.
MacBlayne, keirarts and Graeme73 like this.
Old 29th November 2015, 03:23 PM
Cultist

Just ordered Field Of Dreams and Watership Down from Zavvi 2 for a tenner
MacBlayne and keirarts like this.
Old 29th November 2015, 04:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quite frankly Hellraiser, fri 13th. Halloween, and all the other films like children of the corn etc i get bored and lose interest after the 3rd, and 99% of times reviews and ppl opinions and not neccesary on here, anything from from the 4th onwards arent really good review so make me less interested in watching so and so no 8/9. Got bored with the saws and wrong turn as well. I just think even the film makers lose interest at times and just making sequels for sake of cashing in on the films. And in some cases the film come out and you aremt even aware there a part 6/7/8 of so and so.
Thats just my opinion. Only film where i didnt get bored with the sequels was Final detinations. I think 3 was the weakest but still watchable.
Old 29th November 2015, 04:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Lucio Fulci Playing Cards – Limited Steelbox Edition | Gods and Monsters
I couldnt afford them but what the heck. Tried to see if anyone not got my xmas present yet but bought them anyway incase they sold out by time i did. Ltd edition 300
Old 29th November 2015, 04:32 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Lucio Fulci Playing Cards – Limited Steelbox Edition | Gods and Monsters
I couldnt afford them but what the heck. Tried to see if anyone not got my xmas present yet but bought them anyway incase they sold out by time i did. Ltd edition 300
I love that set but I'd never pay near that much for some playing cards. Lovely set though.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 29th November 2015, 04:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel View Post
I love that set but I'd never pay near that much for some playing cards. Lovely set though.
General i dont and after pp £18 yes is a little bit steep and i dont really have anything collectable or ltd edition except odd dvd so now and again once in a while im going to splash out on something.

Only things ive got is odd figure a chucky doll, pinhead and few other bits nothing really that collectable that you cant buy anywhere.
A book signed by Dave Gorman when i went see him
Marvels generation x 1st edition ltd edition of 1000 signed
God bless America signed that i won on here
And thats about it
MacBlayne and keirarts like this.
Old 29th November 2015, 05:39 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Personally it's a case of do you like the Cenobites, Jason Vorhees et al. If you do then you should get something out of all the films.

It's horror and exploitation after all. We all want to see Pinhead slaughter someone rather than anything else...don't we?
I'm not so sure - I'd take the tighter scripts and dark foreboding of the original Hellraiser films over the later sequels. Apparently all the films post-Bloodline were just stand-alone stories / half-completed scripts which just shoe-horned Pinhead and the gang into the story for the sake of extending the franchise. This is why they're far from spectacular story-wise and Pinhead often feels like he's playing a bit part. Then there's part III which sees Pinhead starting to become more of a caricature...

This is where a lot of franchises lose their way (at least for me) when they turn their villains into pantomime characters.
MacBlayne, keirarts and Graeme73 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!