Like Tree151385Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th April 2016, 12:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It's in one of Amazon's latest deals so only £12.50 which is a good price. I'd been waiting on a price-drop for this one and due to the whole limited edition coloured sleeve thing I doubt will be in Network's sale unless they have a massive surplus of excess stock they need to shift - I could be wrong though!

Waiting on a price drop.
Simply Media don't ever do price drops. I've had things in my wishlist for years that have never come down in price. I also did a bit of research on other discs of theirs. Although knowing me Doomwatch will be a tenner next week.

As for Network, their sales are based on release dates. For example anything before Feb 1st this year might be in the next sale.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th April 2016, 12:24 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Why all the sudden interest in Quatermass?

It's one i was going to pick up at the next Network sale.

I'm surprised no one seems to have bought the Doomwatch series. Mine is in the post as i type.
The final quatermass is one of the masterpieces of British TV. The picture quality is amazing and the plot is brilliant. The finale really does conclude the characters story in a sad and wonderful way.
Old 5th April 2016, 12:29 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Simply Media don't ever do price drops. I've had things in my wishlist for years that have never come down in price. I also did a bit of research on other discs of theirs. Although knowing me Doomwatch will be a tenner next week.

As for Network, their sales are based on release dates. For example anything before Feb 1st this year might be in the next sale.
I'll wait and see and if it hasn't dropped I may pick it up the end of the year funds permitting.

As for Network, their sales are usually selective for instance on ITV TV boxsets or British film so not everything is guaranteed a discount. Dream Home for instance has never been in one of their sales and Robbery wasn't in their last sale either when it should have been based on the release date. Luckily, I picked up both as part of a 3 for £20 from Amazon recently.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th April 2016, 12:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I'll wait and see and if it hasn't dropped I may pick it up the end of the year funds permitting.

As for Network, their sales are usually selective for instance on ITV TV boxsets or British film so not everything is guaranteed a discount. Dream Home for instance has never been in one of their sales and Robbery wasn't in their last sale either when it should have been based on the release date. Luckily, I picked up both as part of a 3 for £20 from Amazon recently.
Yes i remember Robbery was odd. It was just in the sale parameter by a week or so but wasn't actually included. But yes, they don't do total sales, mainly selected genres. However over the course of the year everything usually gets a sale run genre wise if not release date wise.

I shall be watching Doomwatch starting this weekend. No Decemberdike with this. As i said it'll probably be a tenner by then knowing my luck.
Old 5th April 2016, 01:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Oxfam, £1

Old 5th April 2016, 08:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Needless to say, in the past few months, I've bought an awful, awful lot. I don't know where I'd begin.
Old 5th April 2016, 11:52 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Needless to say, in the past few months, I've bought an awful, awful lot. I don't know where I'd begin.
Write us a bigarse list Sharon. I'd love to hear.
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 6th April 2016, 07:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Sadly ive barely bought a single thing this year due to being mega skint.
Old 6th April 2016, 08:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'm interested in Doomwatch but it's too expensive in one go for something I've never seen at the moment.
Old 6th April 2016, 08:25 AM
Cult Veteran

Default What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Sadly ive barely bought a single thing this year due to being mega skint.

I feel you gag! I'll be in the same boat from now on because I've been told by my other half its time to start saving money to buy a house so I'll be buying a whole lot less for the next year, I always say this but I have to be serious about it now haha.

I can make myself a cinema room though so I can just think about that.
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!