Cult Acolyte

Arrived:

Sadly, it's a bloody appalling copy.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 19th January 2017, 10:15 AM
Cult Addict

Two today.

door into d.jpg

Argento's tv show, been meaning to pick this up for a while as i've never seen it. Only one is actually directed by him, but looks interesting.

hunchbackdvd.jpg

Hunchback of the morgue

Never seen this but heard it's one of Naschys better films so looking forward to watching this. PQ seems pretty good, English audio option.

Nice media book with loads of writing and pictures that i can't read.
Interestingly has a Super8 version on disc, but i think there are no subtitles etc on this version, still interesting addition.

All copies of Hunchback seem to be around £40 on Amazon/ebay but i managed to snap this one up for £11, bonus !!

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 19th January 2017, 10:22 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Two today.

Attachment 185938

Argento's tv show, been meaning to pick this up for a while as i've never seen it. Only one is actually directed by him, but looks interesting.
Eyewitness had extensive reshoots from Dario. When you watch it you'll see his style stamped all over it.

The Tram is excellent by the way, actually i really like all of them. Don't expect too much from the Mya disc. However it's doubtful we'll get anything better as it was made for tv not film.
Old 19th January 2017, 10:36 AM
Cult Addict

That's interesting to know about the reshoots Dem.
Whenever i get a new disc i put it in the player to make sure it plays ok and to check the picture quality and wether subtitles/language options work.

Like you say the quality on the MYA disc is not amazing but apparently the original negatives no longer exist, but looks watchable enough to me.

I've recently got a region free blu/dvd player which is why i've been taking a punt with some American blu's and german etc discs, i always check on Ebay amazon for language and PQ reviews etc. Everything's good so far so pretty chuffed.

That's why i've been trying to pick up some obscure stuff while i've got the chance/money.

Just finding the time to watch stuff now.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 19th January 2017, 10:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
Two today.

Attachment 185938

Attachment 185939

Hunchback of the morgue

Never seen this but heard it's one of Naschys better films so looking forward to watching this. PQ seems pretty good, English audio option.

Nice media book with loads of writing and pictures that i can't read.
Interestingly has a Super8 version on disc, but i think there are no subtitles etc on this version, still interesting addition.

All copies of Hunchback seem to be around £40 on Amazon/ebay but i managed to snap this one up for £11, bonus !!
Bought Hunchback years ago from Xploitedcinema for $50 if I remember correctly. Great edition!
Old 19th January 2017, 10:58 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Today's arrivals:

Old 19th January 2017, 11:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I really like the American Mya dvd of Door Into Darkness. Sure the PQ can only be so good since the original film has been lost but it's an important acquisition for any Argento fan. Plus it comes with the excellent Luigi Cozzi 80 min Dario Argento documentary, Master of Horror. I originally picked it up for that reason alone (I already owned the German Dragon Door Into Darkness dvd). It is also nice that the Mya dvd is region friendly, no need for a multi-region player. Personally I think that Argento's The Tram is the highlight of the show.
Old 19th January 2017, 01:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Personally I think that Argento's The Tram is the highlight of the show.
Yes, it's a proper police procedural story.
Old 19th January 2017, 01:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've read that The Tram is based upon a rejected plot-point from The Bird With The Crystal Plumage. They didn't have time/money to shoot it. And that Argento used a Door Into Darkness directing pseudonym as he felt that working in television was a significant step backwards from cinema. I also want to mention that all of the Dario Argento episode introductions are good fun.
Old 19th January 2017, 02:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just had this lovely box set of Heathers in a limited edition locker delivered by the postman. It contains the 20th Anniversary blu-ray plus 2 dvd's, a booklet, magnetic stickers and a T-shirt which is still sealed. I ordered it from Music Magpie at the weekend for the bargain price of £9.25 delivered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20170119_002.jpg (94.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170119_004.jpg (95.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20170119_001.jpg (96.6 KB, 8 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!