Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151382Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2018, 02:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Have you ever seen the Friday the 13th TV series before? I'm curious to have a look at that, I reckon it's probably pants though
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th August 2018, 02:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Have you ever seen the Friday the 13th TV series before? I'm curious to have a look at that, I reckon it's probably pants though
Seen it before but it was a couple of years, it was ok some good episodes but don't go in expecting jason it's nothing to.do with the films, just used the name to get viewers. It's about to people who inherit a antiques/second hand store and soon find out there uncle that owned the shop was in league with Satan and was selling possessed/ cursed items.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th August 2018, 03:09 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Seen it before but it was a couple of years, it was ok some good episodes but don't go in expecting jason it's nothing to.do with the films, just used the name to get viewers. It's about to people who inherit a antiques/second hand store and soon find out there uncle that owned the shop was in league with Satan and was selling possessed/ cursed items.
Is the shop at least near Camp Crystal Lake? I don't see where the link is haha.
keirarts likes this.

Old 9th August 2018, 03:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Is the shop at least near Camp Crystal Lake? I don't see where the link is haha.
Nope!
Old 9th August 2018, 03:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Have seen a show called warehouse 13 ? Think of that with a more supernatural/ horror theme.
Old 9th August 2018, 03:14 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Have seen a show called warehouse 13 ? Think of that with a more supernatural/ horror theme.
Ahh yeah, it was on 'to watch' list on Netflix but I waited so long to watch it they lost the license and it's no longer on there!

Old 9th August 2018, 03:15 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally, the series was to be titled 'The 13th Hour', but the producers thought this wouldn't appeal to viewers, so that idea was dropped, and the title 'Friday the 13th' was used instead, in a shameless ploy to draw in audiences

Despite this title, the show goesn't have any connection to the films. Neither Jason or any of the other movie characters appear
keirarts and MuckyFunster like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th August 2018, 03:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I thought the episodes I watched were absolute rubbish, worse than Freddy’s Nightmares!
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th August 2018, 03:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I thought the episodes I watched were absolute rubbish, worse than Freddy’s Nightmares!
Nothing can be that bad, I do remember quite a few awful episodes but was a few good ones. But I got the set for under £10 so not huge loss considering how much it usual is.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 9th August 2018, 04:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

A few months back during a school break HMV was thick with "parents and rugrats " I noticed a husband and wife in line with a PS4 they were looking around impatiently and this kid(around 14-15 at a guess) arrives with a basket, I let the kid by to join the parents, as he passes I see he has quite a few PS4 games in the full basket, his parents tell him that's all for his birthday, so they get to the till and as I wait and as it's tallied up I thought "bet that's a few quid" a PS4 and about 25-30 games... the girl on the till said £1365 or such, I was buying a pair of Marley headphones on sale for £10...

So when you spend lots of money on DVD/BD don't lose sight of the fact that's probably a pittance compared to some spending and there's a lot worse to spend your hard earned money on, my mate blew £200 in a pub in 2-3 hours back in the 90s (despite us telling him to slow down)

What I really mean was said better by Monty Python.... to paraphrase

"Don't grumble... gives a whistle... always look on the bright side of life "

Like this? Share it using the links below!