Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151367Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2018, 07:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
What about the 4K releases – were they from CEX? A Quiet Place isn't officially released until Monday.
Yes there were for some bizarre reason they had a copy online on Wednesday which I got for £7 but the next day it went up to £18, also got a bargain with isle of dogs which I got for £8 and went up too £15. Ordered a few things with vouchers i got.Still waiting on

Red Sparrow 4k
Logan 4k
Maze runner 4k
Die Nibelungen
Sunrise
Old 12th August 2018, 10:23 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I see you bought The Anderson Tapes from Vinyl Exchange, Keirarts.
Always worth scanning the place for stuff for my collection. A tenner for an indicator title is good value as well.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 12th August 2018, 02:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
I must say many thanks to Arrow for Jake Speed, The Addiction and The Quiet Earth along with a T-shirt and other goodies which were freebies they kindly sent me as i couldn't go to to the horror all-nighter a few weeks back due a very close family member suddenly dying and also thanks to the Prince Charles cinema refunding my ticket.
Nice of them to do that! Are you going to FrightFest this year? I've heard them hyping up the design of the Goodie Bag on Twitter. I can't wait to see how they've themed it. Apparently there have been 10,000 DVDs and BRs produced for it too, no idea if that's from Arrow themselves or FF. It'd be amazing if they put something unreleased in there, stealth dropping an announcement.
keirarts and Buboven like this.
Old 12th August 2018, 03:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes will be at Frightfest as going to be in London from the Wednesday afternoon as going to the quiz so can spend some extra time catching up with people as with the film schedules there is never enough time talking to friends.

The goody bag quality has seriously declined over all the years i have been attending with less stuff actually in them as used to get all sorts of stuff including books and t-shirts. I wouldn't get too excited about the dvd's as if the Halloween event is anything to go by there were loads of copies of The Bodyguard and The Wedding Singer but you never know.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th August 2018, 05:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
This weeks new arrivals. Really looking forward to watching the Roan restoration of White Zombie, although it will have to wait as August really isn't the right time of year.
Is the White Zombie release American? Haven't seen it but really want to and want to get a good print but am limited to region B/2 releases! Death Call was really bad from what I remember, haven't seen the rest!
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th August 2018, 05:36 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Is the White Zombie release American? Haven't seen it but really want to and want to get a good print but am limited to region B/2 releases! Death Call was really bad from what I remember, haven't seen the rest!
Yes, White Zombie is an American disc. However nowhere on the disc does it say it's region one only. In fact it says nothing at all when it comes to region encoding.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th August 2018, 08:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
Yes will be at Frightfest as going to be in London from the Wednesday afternoon as going to the quiz so can spend some extra time catching up with people as with the film schedules there is never enough time talking to friends.

The goody bag quality has seriously declined over all the years i have been attending with less stuff actually in them as used to get all sorts of stuff including books and t-shirts. I wouldn't get too excited about the dvd's as if the Halloween event is anything to go by there were loads of copies of The Bodyguard and The Wedding Singer but you never know.
The Bodyguard and The Wedding Singer?? That's so bizarre. I figured with Arrow taking over primary sponsorship duties, and them hyping the bag on Twitter that perhaps this year we'll see something special.
keirarts likes this.
Old 12th August 2018, 09:51 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
This weeks new arrivals. Really looking forward to watching the Roan restoration of White Zombie, although it will have to wait as August really isn't the right time of year.
I disagree on White Zombie. One of these hot humid nights we've had is perfect for a Caribbean set horror. Same with something like I Walked With a Zombie.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 12th August 2018, 09:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I disagree on White Zombie. One of these hot humid nights we've had is perfect for a Caribbean set horror. Same with something like I Walked With a Zombie.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It's cold at night with me now. Can't have the windows open anymore.

But, yes, you make a good point,perhaps hot humid nights are the perfect time to watch these films.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 13th August 2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 13th August 2018, 12:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Arrived:

Like this? Share it using the links below!