Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151213Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th January 2020, 08:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Not dvds but have downloaded a load of radio plays on the kindle from Dark Adventure Radio Theatre, adaptations of Lovecraft stories done as old time '30's radio....amazing! They are around £7 each & I have about 8 so far.

Along with this I've bought 2 MR James collections narrated by Derek Jacobi, £8 each.

My anxiety, depression & PTSD have really hit me hard lately, audiobooks hopefully will help calm my mind. Struggling already in 2020, sending positive thoughts to anyone who feels the same.
Old 18th January 2020, 11:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
It’s fantasy, mate. Kid meets an incapacitated man who recants the adventures he’s had.
Cheers, Paul.

It's in the 2 for £3 offer on Music Magpie on dvd so i'll pick it up next time i place an order.
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.
Old 19th January 2020, 05:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Two new dvds. Casblanca being the 2 discer. £2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TAH.jpg (42.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg C.jpg (76.7 KB, 8 views)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th January 2020, 09:04 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
The only wau to watch star wars is the original prints!

Well done! Boycott the "special" editions.

The reason I don't own the current blu's, and won't be getting the 4K box set either
Old 20th January 2020, 02:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Arrived:

Old 20th January 2020, 06:49 AM
Cult Addict

This weeks new films.

$_35 (1).jpeg s-l640 (1).jpg

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 20th January 2020, 12:10 PM
Cult Addict

These 4, shadow of the vampire was only 30p
IMG_20200120_120932.jpg

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 20th January 2020, 02:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Old 20th January 2020, 04:31 PM
Ex-member

Apparently Shriek Show are releasing Nights of Terror on Blu in July.
Old 20th January 2020, 05:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just a heads up, scam for amazon users ..

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...-scam-17596791

Urgent warning over Amazon scam that is costing people thousands
Avoid getting caught out at all costs

Amazon customers are being warned to watch out for a scam which could expose all your financial details and drain your bank account.

People are getting calls claiming to be from Amazon and saying your account has been hacked.

The call says something has been ordered in your name, using your details, and the caller then offers to help secure your account to prevent future fraud.

Sometimes the call claims you have been signed up to Amazon Prime and charged.

Anyone receiving a call like this is urged to put down the phone immediately, and definitely not follow any of the instructions.

One victim has already lost £25,000 thanks to the scam

The call often starts with an automated system asking you to press 1, after informing you your account has been hacked.

This can either then connect you to someone who will try to get your bank details, or will connect you to a premium rate phone number.

If you end up speaking to someone, they will try to convince you to install a piece of software on your computer that will grant them full access to your machine.

They can then watch everything you are doing and harvest all your bank and credit card details - as well as accessing anything they want to on your computer.

A spokesman for Action Fraud, the UK's national fraud reporting centre, said: "The public have to subscribe to Amazon Prime themselves, and would not be automatically subscribed.

"If the public do receive this call and are worried that they were subscribed, the advice around this would be from UK Finance's 'Take Five to Stop Fraud' content."
This includes hanging up and contacting Amazon via a number or customer service line advertised on the genuine website - as they will be able to inform you if you are subscribed to Prime.

Action Fraud also reminded to never give out private information or details over the phone, especially in relation to bank accounts.

Amazon said: "If you receive a suspicious phone call, email or text message claiming to be from Amazon, asking for payment, personal information or offering a refund you do not expect, please do not share any personal information, and disconnect any phone call immediately.

“You can report spam calls via Action Fraud. Please also note that Amazon will never ask for your personal information, or ask you to make a payment outside of our website.

"If you received an e-mail regarding an order or Prime membership, or anything that you don’t recognise, please forward the e-mail to stop-spoofing@amazon.com and then delete it. Do not click on any links in such emails."

Pauline Smith, head of Action Fraud, said: "Unsolicited requests to remote access your computer should always raise a red flag. It's easy to feel embarrassed when faced with unexpected or complex conversations but it's okay to stop the discussion if you do not feel in control of it.

"If you've received an unexpected phone call, or other communication, stop and take a minute to think about whether an organisation would get in touch with you out of the blue in this way. Instead, contact them directly using a known email or phone number."

Consumer rights group Which? also recommend hanging up immediately if you receive this kind of call, particularly as banks and retail companies don't generally contact customers in this way.

If you've already been the victim of fraudulent activity such as this, you should report it to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or use their online fraud reporting tool .

Like this? Share it using the links below!