Like the first cover.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 8th February 2010, 08:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
I'll second that! Watched it this afternoon.Yes there are a couple of moments in the film where the contrast and colour is different from previous versions but everyone on the net was talking like it was the end of the world.I can live with it,Suspiria has certainly never looked or sounded better.I could have lived without those extra features though.Film analysis isn't really my thing.Give me a good old fashioned making of anyday.
Ditto

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 8th February 2010, 09:03 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Antichrist (Blu-Ray) - Ok, now this has split the audience right down the middle but I am definitely and firmly placed on the positive side. This was awesome, I loved it. It started off absolutely stunningly and beautifully shot and it didn't get any worse throughout the film. The cinematography was sublime, every shot was like a postcard.... in HD. I could not stop gasping at how beautiful everything looked, it seemed to be just one long dream sequence to me. As I'm sure you have heard some scenes are rather brutal but I feel they were necessary to portray the collapse in the human mind. The acting was nigh on perfect, when Charlotte Gainsbourg cried it completely sank my heart, the emotion that was poured into that performance was breathtaking. You could feel everything she was feeling with the pain and turmoil her character was going through.
Okay I won't carry on and bore you but I really, really loved this. A must own on Blu-Ray me thinks (Thanks Kelly for picking this up for me )

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 8th February 2010, 10:51 AM
Active Cultist

I thought it was great too. I genuinely loved the weirdo talking fox.

This was an inventively designed, harrowing and occasionally darkly amusing exploration of guilt, bereavement and the age old 'battle of the sexes'.

Gainsbourg was fearless and outstanding, I thought.

Just watched District 9 on blu. What an exciting, refreshing action film: great concept and thrilling execution, with razor sharp wit. Liked the idea that the main protagonist was a bit of a wally and a shit, despite clearly being the best human of the lot. Very impressed.
Old 8th February 2010, 12:51 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched District 13:Ultimatum last night.Unfortunately not a patch on the original as far as I was concerned.While there were a few good action sequences in the movie,I felt that the original moved at a faster pace and had more clearly defined vilians in the form of Taha and his right hand man K-2.This one had a corrupt government official and a special forces comrade of Damien as the protaginists and didn't pose much of a threat to our heroes.It's a shame that they didn't bring Leito's sister,Lola back for Ultimatum.
Old 8th February 2010, 02:23 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Watched District 13:Ultimatum last night.Unfortunately not a patch on the original as far as I was concerned.While there were a few good action sequences in the movie,I felt that the original moved at a faster pace and had more clearly defined vilians in the form of Taha and his right hand man K-2.This one had a corrupt government official and a special forces comrade of Damien as the protaginists and didn't pose much of a threat to our heroes.It's a shame that they didn't bring Leito's sister,Lola back for Ultimatum.
I watched District 13 and loved it but I'm yet to get this new one. I think I'll have to get it just to complete the collection but good to see an honest review. It's got a nice cover and I'm a sucker for great packaging too.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 8th February 2010, 02:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

got my Suspiria in the post today.

picture quality is great but its the sound for me that stood out. Amazing stuff

I was going on about the pq to my wife and she commented how the colours were blinding her retinas like an episode of CSI Miami
Old 8th February 2010, 03:20 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's a technicolor film on crack!
Old 8th February 2010, 03:35 PM
Active Cultist

Just bought.

Blood Trails - Lionsgate
Swamp Thing - MGM
Carrie - MGM
The Brood - Arrow
Bloody Birthday - Anchor Bay
Sleepaway Camp - Anchor Bay
Sleepaway Camp 2 - Anchor Bay
Sleepaway Camp 3 - Anchor Bay

My Diary & Purchase Collection page: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post318577
Old 8th February 2010, 04:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Dial:Help arrived (review elsewhere!) and I finally got around to getting Taxi Driver on DVD.

Ordered the German Retrofilm release of Four Flies On Grey Velvet and the UK MGM Tomb Of Ligeia...

Like this? Share it using the links below!