LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th June 2020, 06:26 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I thought Philomena was excellent when i saw it just recently.

I've also got that Bernard Rose Frankenstein film.

Expect something different, Nos. I reviewed that on the Labs and also really liked it. It's shot digitally not because it's cheap (it is) but because Rose wanted to try something different with the tech. Hope you like it.
Frankenstein is the only blind buy from the Music Magpie order (I haven't seen The New Kids either). I highly rate and enjoy watching Candyman, so I have fairly high hopes for Frankenstein.

Philomena is a very good film, one with an important story and wonderful performances from Steve Coogan and Judy Dench. I didn't think much of Man of Steel at the cinema, but I want to watch it again before re-watching Batman v Superman and Justice League.

Of the others, I think I saw Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom at the cinema and thought it was good, but not great, and a film watching for Idris Elba's brilliant portrayal of Nelson Mandela. I'm a big fan of Alexander Payne's films and The Descendants is the only one I don't have; it's a film I saw years ago and thoroughly enjoyed, so I don't know why it's taken me so long to buy a copy.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters was a film I thought was a lot of fun and one I and looking forward to watching again.

Both of the Studio Ghibli films are terrific and have been my wish list for a long time.
Old 27th June 2020, 06:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Cold prey III Blu ray sent from France, cost me total £2:57p that inc pp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Where did you buy it from?
Quote:
EBay, I realised I had first two so googled 3rd one and saw it so bought it , then realised where it was coming from, seller sent me a email i didn't understand it was in French, I emailed back and apologised I didn't understand French they sent me another email this time they tried to explain best they could in English, i thought they was going to say something like would cost extra or not posting abroad etc, they explain they'll post in about 3 days and it'll take few days to arrive sure enough they did, so I've left full marks and positive feedback .
I started to watch that this evening and then realised it has French or Norwegian audio and only French subtitles, so it's practically useless. I looked at the original listing and realised I mistranslated the French as it states English subtitles listed on the sleeve aren't present on the disc. I should have paid a bit more attention before buying it!
Old 27th June 2020, 06:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I started to watch that this evening and then realised it has French or Norwegian audio and only French subtitles, so it's practically useless. I looked at the original listing and realised I mistranslated the French as it states English subtitles listed on the sleeve aren't present on the disc. I should have paid a bit more attention before buying it!
You ain't the only one who has done that Nos, i have done it more times than i care to remember when buying film and not paying attention to the languages that are used.
Old 27th June 2020, 07:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just noticed this so made a pre-order
Attached Images
File Type: jpg optuce4358_1.jpg (103.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 27th June 2020, 07:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Just noticed this so made a pre-order
no doubt CEX will look forward to having it from you.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 27th June 2020, 07:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
You ain't the only one who has done that Nos, i have done it more times than i care to remember when buying film and not paying attention to the languages that are used.
Think we've all done it at least once, Can't remember which film but got a French film with subtitles, French subtitles only.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 27th June 2020, 07:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Think we've all done it at least once, Can't remember which film but got a French film with subtitles, French subtitles only.
Think i bought Doctor and the devils, with German audio and Portuguese subtitles, everyone could have seen a grown man cry
Old 27th June 2020, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Think i bought Doctor and the devils, with German audio and Portuguese subtitles, everyone could have seen a grown man cry
In all fairness if something been put out to buy (irrelevant of format DVD blu ray etc ) you would think they all would have English subtitles as a option.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 28th June 2020, 04:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Invested in a projector and screen for the garden. Night of the Living Dead on a ten foot screen.
Attachment 225542
Haven't been on for a couple of days & having a bad time emotionally (my depression & anxiety are through the roof working & watching people be so irresponable), this post just made me smile!

Thank you!
J Harker and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 28th June 2020, 06:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Arrived today

61FyfiBYaYL._AC_SL1300_.jpg 71H+3WD0TVL._AC_SL1254_.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!