Old 22nd January 2021, 12:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

Arrived:

Old 22nd January 2021, 10:28 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
See No Evil 2 is a straight forward slasher set in a morgue. Katharine Isabelle has a lot of fun with a corpse.
Katharine Isabelle nuff said
Old 23rd January 2021, 01:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Got these for £2 each in Sainsbury’s. Still not been able to find a five pound American Werewolf in London, but Better Watch Out will be a good one to add to my Christmas repertoire.

And here’s an effing bombshell - the assistant in Sainsbury’s told me that Sainsbury’s stores are getting rid of their Dvd/blu ray and games media sections, and are only keeping the books. I asked why and she said she didn’t know but she supposed that they just weren’t selling enough stock. I was thinking about it afterwards and I suppose most Sainsbury’s stores now have an Argos in them which will take care of their games’ sales. Dvd and blu are a goner for them though. And of course I asked if there’ll be any decent sales coming up, but she said the stock is all being returned to the supplier - she was in the process of removing them from the shelves as I was speaking to her.

IMG_8195.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23rd January 2021, 01:29 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Got these for £2 each in Sainsbury’s. Still not been able to find a five pound American Werewolf in London, but Better Watch Out will be a good one to add to my Christmas repertoire.

And here’s an effing bombshell - the assistant in Sainsbury’s told me that Sainsbury’s stores are getting rid of their Dvd/blu ray and games media sections, and are only keeping the books. I asked why and she said she didn’t know but she supposed that they just weren’t selling enough stock. I was thinking about it afterwards and I suppose most Sainsbury’s stores now have an Argos in them which will take care of their games’ sales. Dvd and blu are a goner for them though. And of course I asked if there’ll be any decent sales coming up, but she said the stock is all being returned to the supplier - she was in the process of removing them from the shelves as I was speaking to her.

Attachment 230783

That's really shit to hear. Really shit! They had decent stuff that other supermarkets didn't stock. For example i bought the 88 Films Swamp Thing from them.

They've always wanted to get rid of physical media though. They removed it from their website a long time ago.

Better Watch Out is a lot of fun. Try and save it till next Christmas and enjoy!
MuckyFunster likes this.
Old 23rd January 2021, 01:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

^ Funny enough, I was in my Tesco today and it's all been moved around.
When I found it, the DVD/Blu ray section is almost gone. Reduced to two racks when it used to be a whole isle. No Blu rays at all only old DVDs, Disney films.
MuckyFunster likes this.
Old 23rd January 2021, 01:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
^ Funny enough, I was in my Tesco today and it's all been moved around.
When I found it, the DVD/Blu ray section is almost gone. Reduced to two racks when it used to be a whole isle. No Blu rays at all only old DVDs, Disney films.
I can't believe they'll get rid of all physical media. Stuff like Marvel, Star Wars and Bond sell loads of copies when they get a release. Perhaps this lack of new releases has caught up big time with the physical market.

The recent AC/DC album sold 50k physical copies in it's first week. Seeing as HMV was shut for a month i'm thinking a large share of those must have been sold via supermarkets as well as online.
MuckyFunster likes this.
Old 23rd January 2021, 03:26 PM
Active Cultist

Default What Have You Bought Recently?

Some recent arrivals

920479F1-ED73-4186-BD17-5F70DEFEE76B.jpg A1F7B1EC-87E7-41C0-BB22-B126B18790DA.jpg 6E5A3E18-6765-4413-A953-6EFB6F027C91.jpg 3709DB7E-9B48-4647-AE40-610FB2E0643D.jpg

Last edited by Dave; 24th January 2021 at 12:42 PM.
Old 23rd January 2021, 10:34 PM
Cult Addict

2 new this week.
After watching the Portmanteau doc Tales of the uncanny by Severin which i really enjoyed, some interviewees mentioned the Dan Curtis / Richard Matheson tv film Dead of night which looked good. So i also decided to grab Trilogy which i watched on youtube a few years back and enjoyed.

download (9).jpeg images (6).jpeg

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 23rd January 2021, 10:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

This weeks new arrivals.

I only ordered the Conan dvd because it had a Kim Newman / Stephen Jones / Sarah Douglas commentary. Had no idea it came with a twenty page book and five art cards.

Also just had word that Amazon have shipped the new Masque of the Red Death. Arrives Monday so they say, but i'm guessing tomorrow (Sunday)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF8375 (Large).JPG (84.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF8405 (Large).jpg (98.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 23rd January 2021, 11:52 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Katharine Isabelle nuff said
Met her and the Soska twins when they came to the GFT with American Mary. I have to say, they were all lovely which kinda makes me feel a wee bit bad about slagging their films.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!