Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151217Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th June 2022, 06:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda View Post
Big fan of Perry Mason, here. I'm slowly going through the series now. Miami Vice could be fun, too. Damn, all these great series ae such a commitment in hours
Get a Security/CCTV control room job like me and watching stuff can help pass the time and fill in a lot of hours

Last edited by MrBarlow; 17th June 2022 at 07:02 PM.
Old 18th June 2022, 01:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_Miranda View Post
Of the four, I've only ever watched Ivanhoe, which I already had in DVD, but this new remaster was so highly praised that I had to upgrade it. It's is one of my favourite filmes.

If only they'd release Knights of the Round Table in Blu-Ray, I'd be a happy man. Which I am, really, so let's go with happier...
Yeah, I agree. I'm an IVANHOE fan as well. I had no no idea about the Blu ray so thanks for that.

Today in another CEX I picked up STARGATE SG1 box sets seasons 5,6 and 8 and also the newer Tomb Raider movie which I had not seen in a long time and only once I think.
So, nearly there on the complete Stargate seasons, all from CEX at usually £3 a set so that's not bad. Only two more seasons to go and then start on STARGATE ATLANTIS. Now just got to find the time to watch them!

s-l1600jjj.jpg s-l1600uuuu.jpg MM00119547.jpg 81jPImw2QAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Old 18th June 2022, 01:30 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

This weeks new arrivals.

Bought the Fleetwood Mac t-shirt and litre of Beam this morning in Asda. They have several superb quality band t-shirts - including the Stones, Def Leppard and a Kiss one i would have bought had they anything larger than large in size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF9811 (Large).jpg (97.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9809 (Large).jpg (98.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF9825 (Large).jpg (90.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 20th June 2022, 09:45 AM
Cult Veteran

HMV has a BFI Flipside sale on, been looking to add Requiem for a Village into my collection for years and never got around to it.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 20th June 2022, 09:52 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
HMV has a BFI Flipside sale on, been looking to add Requiem for a Village into my collection for years and never got around to it.

It's a strange, complex and dreamlike. I think conflict is a word you'll think of when you've seen it.

Don't watch it if you want something with a narrative that's straightforward.

Shonteff's Permissive is also good and Schalken the Painter is a weird spectral tale.
Old 20th June 2022, 09:55 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's a strange, complex and dreamlike. I think conflict is a word you'll think of when you've seen it.

Don't watch it if you want something with a narrative that's straightforward.
I've seen it before, remember years ago when you could rent DVDs through the post? Perhaps you don't, but I borrowed it when it came out. I remember it being odd, I also remember that scene with the villagers coming out the graves looked amazing.

Have you got Permissive Dem? I opened up the booklet and was surprised to find an essay about the film by Lee Dorrian! If I'd looked closer to the back cover it says so right there

Old 20th June 2022, 10:00 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I've seen it before, remember years ago when you could rent DVDs through the post? Perhaps you don't, but I borrowed it when it came out. I remember it being odd, I also remember that scene with the villagers coming out the graves looked amazing.

Have you got Permissive Dem? I opened up the booklet and was surprised to find an essay about the film by Lee Dorrian! If I'd looked closer to the back cover it says so right there
Yes, i have all three. That was the beauty of those Flipside releases. All dual format.

I bought loads of them in Fopp sales for £6. Well, i say loads, about thirty.

Reminds me. I must watch Lunch Hour. That's the only one i haven't seen yet that i bought and that's because i watched half of it on Talking Pictures a couple of years ago.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 20th June 2022, 10:04 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

@Justin - There's a second shorter film by Gladwell on ...Village called An Untitled Film or something like that... Unnamed, Untitled, can't exactly remember but that's another odd little thing. Makes simple things like lighting a bonfire seem extremely dark and folk horror like.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 20th June 2022, 10:15 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
@Justin - There's a second shorter film by Gladwell on ...Village called An Untitled Film or something like that... Unnamed, Untitled, can't exactly remember but that's another odd little thing. Makes simple things like lighting a bonfire seem extremely dark and folk horror like.
'Untitled Film' I'll make sure to check it out, but when it's a bit darker so might have to wait a few months
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 20th June 2022, 10:17 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
'Untitled Film' I'll make sure to check it out, but when it's a bit darker so might have to wait a few months
I thought only i did stuff like that.

In that case today and tomorrow, longest day etc is definitely the wrong time. Wait until Wednesday the 22nd. Nights start drawing in then.
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!